AMD Quad-Core A8 or Intel i3. Which is better ?

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
the a8 will be slightly slower in everyday tasks but the i3 will be unable to game at all, while the a8 will probably be abletto play dota, cod and wow, but only at minimum settings at 720p probably, and while you game you may want to use a laptop cooling pad and chage the power consumtion from power saver to performance, in windows, but the a8 should be able to play at min settings , while the i3 WILL NOT, and if youre coding for embeded then you shouldnt notice that much of a diffrence

Nebblonme

Commendable
Aug 17, 2016
I have a Laptop HP i3 Dual Core and Desktop AMD A8 Quad Core. I like the performance of i3 compare to A8 both in Internet and Gaming. Im playing Prototype 2 right now in i3, the graphics are in high and full performance but in A8 the prototype 2 runs very slow even you configure the graphs in low. This is base on my experience with the two units. if your going to buy a second-hand unit, go to i7 or i5.

Aakash_4

Commendable
Sep 21, 2016

What about i3 5th gen vs A8 Quad core? I want to buy laptop for normal day usage mostly...(No high graphics gaming)