AMD Radeon R7 M260 suddenly laggs really bad

Quenya

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Hi guys,

I have been struggling with my laptop quite a few days/weeks and I still got no solution for my dillema... I have been playing League of Legends and Counterstrike CS:GO a lot lately and I had no problems why playing it.
It's been a week (or two) that I lagg while playing these games. I didn't recently upgrade to Windows 10, it's been 3/4 weeks since I upgraded and the problem started showing up after (around) 2 weeks.
I have updated all of my drivers (I guess they're all up-to-date) so I really don't know why this happened.

There is this program called Speccy and HWMonitor, both displayed my AMD graphic card at 511 degrees temperature.
I tried to clean my fans with a vacuum, but without any success.
I used 4 spyware/malware programs to clean my laptop.

I am really stuck, can anyone on this forum help me? Because I have asked on other forums without any success, again :(

EDIT:
Yesterday I realized that the 511 isn't fixed, it changes now and then to 41, 45

Hi,

When you cleaned out your laptop did you also changed it's thermal paste? You may need to change that just to make sure it's properly cooled down. For other steps you can do please also try this:

- Go to Device Manager and uninstall AMD graphics card driver
- Open Programs and Features as well and uninstall anything related to AMD graphics
- Download and install driver from AMD support site.
- Here's the link where you can download it: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download
- Reboot the laptop for all the changes to take effect after it finished installing.
- After the reboot make sure that AMD is set to run all games.

Quenya

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015
Hi,

Im not quite sure what you mean with changing thermal paste? I didn't do any other thing than just vacuum the fan, so I guess I didn't change the thermal paste.

As for your other solution, I did what you said, it's still on 511.

Quenya

Estimable
Oct 21, 2015

Hi,

Im not quite sure what you mean with changing thermal paste? I didn't do any other thing than just vacuum the fan, so I guess I didn't change the thermal paste.

As for your other solution, I did what you said, it's still on 511.