Americans Need Jobs; Firms Look to India

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoidmage

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2008
It isn't the company's job to save the job rates and economy. All the CEO's are supposed to do is keep their company strong and keep the stock price up for investors and share owners.

kelfen

Distinguished
Apr 27, 2008
OBAMA made americans x3 poorer with that stimulus bill full of pork such as 1 million going to washington zoo ect.

G

That's what happens when you put money into banks, buy shares, savings etc. Just a consequences of the free market.

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
Too bad the Indian's are moron's. I say that from intimate experience. If you give them an exact guide on how to proceed they do a good job for a fraction of the price of an American worker, but ask them to think outside of the box and they just can't cut it.

The poor creativity of the average Indian is part of a reason my IT firm get's business. We always get called in to clean up their messes. Of course most of our business comes from Europe and we have yet to tap into our main client's US business because they haven't figured out yet how crappy their Indian outsourcing is.

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
I agree with paranoidmage. American workers have just gotten lazy and overpaid compared to what they used to be back in the 30s and 40s. If the show "The Office" is any indication of what the American workplace is....I can't say I blame companies! All those damn unions driving up costs....when will people realize we don't work in hazardous factories anymore and unions are BS?

njalterio

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2008
[citation][nom]kelfen[/nom]OBAMA made americans x3 poorer with that stimulus bill full of pork such as 1 million going to washington zoo ect.[/citation]

That stimulus bill did suck, but don't complain about the paltry million dollars that went to a zoo....the billions that went to unnecessary politicians is the real nonsense.

flinxsl

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2008
[citation][nom]htoonthura[/nom]^exactly. Stop whining and start working.[/citation]
millions on welfare depend on it!

chripuck

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
[citation][nom]njalterio[/nom]I agree with paranoidmage. American workers have just gotten lazy and overpaid compared to what they used to be back in the 30s and 40s. If the show "The Office" is any indication of what the American workplace is....I can't say I blame companies! All those damn unions driving up costs....when will people realize we don't work in hazardous factories anymore and unions are BS?[/citation]

last I checked IT workers weren't unionized.

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
I think its a problem when its less expensive to hire someone overseas BEFORE hourly wage is factored into the equation.

I think its a problem when we let thousands of poorly accredited "Engineers" into the same lottery system as European doctors.

I think its a problem that companies have employees working full time positions, but periodically will lay them off for 3 month periods of time to avoid the patheticly ineffective contract labor laws.

I find it pathetic that GM was driven to bankruptcy by overpaid union workers, while more and more of us become contract employees, with minimal rights, competing with 3rd world labor.

And it all just makes me pretty sad. And... nobody seems to care. Nobody is angry. They just watch TV, eat cheesburgers, spew blind patriotism. I almost wish I was a stupid sheep as well... nice soothing complacent ignorance... *sigh*

autoboy

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2007
"Taking American jobs away from the American people makes no sense at all."

Who said they were ever American jobs? If it wasn't so hard to hire an American, maybe I would hire more of them. Just wait until this health care bill passes and I am fined for not giving my American workers health care that I can't afford.

Or how about the Cap and Tax (Trade) bill that will increase energy costs so high that it doesn't make sense to even keep the lights on in America. Why should I hire more people in America if it costs me so much?

When will the idiots get it through their head that we live in a world economy and we are competing with the world. The world doesn't have government mandated health care, or cap and tax, or minimum wage, or unions. There is only so much an employer can take before these add up and make him move. Hiring talented Americans is great. Overpaying them and the US government sucks.

My only goal is to have a successful business so I can feed my family and please my investors that took a risk to invest in me. If I am successful, my investors make money so they can invest in another company, creating more jobs, creating more wealth, and increasing everyone's standard of living. Profits fuel job growth and standard of living growth. They are not evil. They go towards developing more jobs and more technology. Stop being stupid America.

DarkMantle

Distinguished
Aug 6, 2008
fulle +1. That is exactly right, you can't really compare the cost of life on the 3rd world countries with the most developed countries in the world. Jut to make my point, i live on South America and i can eat for a week (3 normal meals a day) with 30 US$. The cost of life is really cheap. So the minimal income per month by law is about 250 US$.
It's not that hard to see all this greedy companies go train workers for an specific simple task on the poor countries so they can have the work done with a hell of a lot less in cost.

Shame on microsoft. With the amount of money they make with every Windows release i can't believe they are doing something like this knowing that their own contry is having a difficult time right now.

audioee

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2007
A company can reduce costs all it wants. But if the consumer has no money to spend in the first place because they are unemployed due to the company they worked for moving their job overseas to reduce costs.... Does any one see where this is going? It is a slippery slope.

ravenware

Distinguished
May 17, 2005
When will the idiots get it through their head that we live in a world economy and we are competing with the world

Really, how many citizens in India buy our products? How many people worldwide buy our products?

If we keep sending work overseas to an economy that doesn't support our own, the businesses will eventually fail. How are Americans supposed to buy said products with out proper income?

G

Companies outsource for a variety of reasons but I would say Microsoft uses these employees in India for very specific tasks and possibly a new perspective. We are talking about 60 employees, from a company that employs around 30,000 at its Redmond office. While it would be nice for 60 more Americans to have jobs Microsoft has decided that they are getting more for their money in India and thats capitalism.

geminireaper

Distinguished
Feb 14, 2007
[citation][nom]paranoidmage[/nom]It isn't the company's job to save the job rates and economy. All the CEO's are supposed to do is keep their company strong and keep the stock price up for investors and share owners.[/citation]

If they want people to buy their product and keep the stock prices up they do need to. These companies that are outsourcing arent doing it for the sake of not operating in the red. they are doing it for their own greedy reasons. id be all for the govt stepping in and issuing huge tax hikes and fines for those companies outsourcing to other countries. Then those cost cutting meaures really arent so cost effective anymore. Bring the jobs home. Let other countries support their own economy.

Upendra09

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2009
[citation][nom]chripuck[/nom]Too bad the Indian's are moron's. I say that from intimate experience. If you give them an exact guide on how to proceed they do a good job for a fraction of the price of an American worker, but ask them to think outside of the box and they just can't cut it.The poor creativity of the average Indian is part of a reason my IT firm get's business. We always get called in to clean up their messes. Of course most of our business comes from Europe and we have yet to tap into our main client's US business because they haven't figured out yet how crappy their Indian outsourcing is.[/citation]

If we are morons then that makes you a total failure because your jobs are being outsourced to India, which means your country doesn't have the resources to make its own software and need our help. All you guys do is sell it and make a profit, you can say that we are morons when we start using products developed by you that is superior to our products.

To say we aren't creative doesn't justify us being morons, if you want creativity then ask one of your own country men for it, That is if you can afford their rates, and it doesn't look like you can.

ananke

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
Eventually, what will happen is a destruction of the American consumer goods market, and collapse of the free trade etc. blah blah...I would expect in the coming years taxation on software work or even on partial project fragments shipped over internet as a code. And the companies will need to sell all their products in India and China primarly, at Asian level prices :):).

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
This has been happening to the UK for decades.

Outsourcing to India is ridiculously common. So are Indians in the UK. To be honest, I'm completely used to it. Though, if people are that worried, they could move to India and get outsourced to. Thus taking the jobs from the Indians and becoming a "dirty American immigrant stealing our jobs" to the Indians.

Status
Not open for further replies.