Status
Not open for further replies.

AceScottie

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
Is there such things as an amp for a USB headset. The audio coming off mine is fine for general use (perhaps a bit loud at times) but when listening to music and playing games I really like to be in the zone and for that it just isn't quite loud enough. I have the corsair raptors so although they come with an audio control function, it only controls system audio (like windows speaker sound). I'm looking for an amp that can not only amplify sound but can lower it without interfering with system audio so I can really hit the sweet spot. Along with this I'm looking for an application based audio recorder that can record multiple applications as separate audio tracks (e.g Skype on track 1, my mic on track 2, a game on track 3 and some music on track 4) does anything like that exist yet ?

Solution
i'll say this ONCE and only once.

the ONLY way you can amplify a usb headset is if you opened them, cut the wires to the drivers, ran them external, put an amplifier to them and then hooked them back up. as cristi stated earlier its not as easy as plug and play but possible yes. also, the drivers are not meant to be amped to such power levels. if you push them to hard you could damage them.

if you want something higher power and the ability to use amplifiers and the like - get a regular pair of headphones.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014
Hello,

What model do you have? If you have an USB model, you cannot do much, maybe to go higher with the equalizer controls from your audio panel (go +3dB, or even +6dB, but the audio quality will degrade).

If you have an analog model (with a stereo jack), you can use an amplifier indeed: Fiio E6. The best solution is a DAC (which have its own audio processor): Fiio E10.

As for recording multiple streams: Audacity can do this, but the free version is limited to 2 inputs I think.

AceScottie

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
maybe i should look to convert the USB into an analogue connection and then run an AMP from that. Its not just loud volumes its quite ones to. 1 volume level on windows is not 1% volume lol, the jump from 1-2-3 roughly doubles each time.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014

Unfortunately, you cannot do such thing with your headphones; being the USB model (I assume it's HS40), it means they already has a built-in amplifier, so you'll need to bypass the original amplifier, which is no small feat...

The best way: try to go in showrooms, bring your Raptors and test them against other similar gaming headphones (Logitech G35, Kingston HyperX). For music, try some higher quality headphones (Sennheiser, Audio Technica, Panasonic, BeyerDynamic, to name just a few).

AceScottie

Honorable
Nov 23, 2013
the way i was think is using the standard 35mm jack on my PC to a amp to a 35mm to USB converter. however i do need 2 outputs (mic and audio) so i may have to build my own using something like a ardunio board.

Cristi72

Estimable
Jun 25, 2014

It's not gonna work this way. The USB interface is a digital connection; no matter how much you'll amplify the analog signal, the analog-to-digital conversion generates standard USB signals... Plus, the headsets will be logically isolated from the PC, so you will not have the Creative software control over the headsets anymore (the program will not work, saying the headphones are not connected).

i'll say this ONCE and only once.

the ONLY way you can amplify a usb headset is if you opened them, cut the wires to the drivers, ran them external, put an amplifier to them and then hooked them back up. as cristi stated earlier its not as easy as plug and play but possible yes. also, the drivers are not meant to be amped to such power levels. if you push them to hard you could damage them.

if you want something higher power and the ability to use amplifiers and the like - get a regular pair of headphones.

Solution

Lexabord

Commendable
Sep 22, 2016

well im using Logitech G35 and they are on usb and they sound on but the build in amp is shit i nead more kick to it

it whuld me cool if thersa program to edit the amp inside of them

Status
Not open for further replies.