AMP not turning on?

hassy786

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013
Hi,

I have a 400Watt AMP which I am trying to connect to my computer using a Car Battery.. I know I have the wiring on correctly however when connecting the remote wire to the +12V all that happens is the power light flickers on and then turns back off? The FIRST time I put the AMP together I saw a little spark when connecting the wire and then never seen it since.

Ones it went into protect mode but then shut of again? Am I doing something wrong? I know one thing which is the AMP itself is 40A and the fuse which is in the wire is 60A does this make a difference?
Thank You.. Please reply!!!! :( Need urgent help :(

Solution
Are you connecting the amp directly to a stand alone 12V automobile battery?

Consider a transformer/voltage converter for the amp assuming you haven't already fried the amp. Just be sure that it will match the required amperage.

Regarding the amperage, the amplifier will draw 40A at peak operation. The fuse will blow if the amplifier draws more than 60A or if too much voltage is alloed to the line. The amp should trigger the protection mode if the amp is not supplied with enough voltage to operate. Rather it will trip when you pull too much or too little electricity.

While the battery may have a positive and negative terminal, this is not necessarily how it should be connected to the amplifier.

Not sure what kind of battery you...

jFiveNYC

Estimable
Mar 28, 2014
Are you connecting the amp directly to a stand alone 12V automobile battery?

Consider a transformer/voltage converter for the amp assuming you haven't already fried the amp. Just be sure that it will match the required amperage.

Regarding the amperage, the amplifier will draw 40A at peak operation. The fuse will blow if the amplifier draws more than 60A or if too much voltage is alloed to the line. The amp should trigger the protection mode if the amp is not supplied with enough voltage to operate. Rather it will trip when you pull too much or too little electricity.

While the battery may have a positive and negative terminal, this is not necessarily how it should be connected to the amplifier.

Not sure what kind of battery you have but when an amplifier is installed in a vehicle, it normally draws power from the alternator if the engine is running. If the battery is not charged, it will not supply the amplifier with enough electricity to operate for an extended period of time. While the battery may be able to supply the amp with enough power to turn on and operate, the ability to operate will be based solely on the capacity of the battery. Forgetting that the battery will more than likely provide possible over voltage and an inconsistent voltage to operate the amp.

Solution

hassy786

Honorable
Dec 7, 2013

Yes the AMP connects directly to the Car Battery .. I am using Battery clamps to hold the cables in place.
I dont have cash to spare on converters.. These were all parts laying around in the garage so thought I could make some use with them.

The batterys specs are as follows:

Voltage: 12V
CCASAE:640AMPS
AH(20H): 96AMPS

Someone else said the battery may be weak so I am charging up another BOSCH battery and will see if that makes a difference

Thank You for any help!