amps and 7.1(7.4)

dodo12341

Commendable
May 20, 2016
hey i need your help.

i am planning to make my own 7.4 surround setup but planned to use multiple amps and then i wonderd is there something that splits your 7.1 sound to cables that i can connect to the amps so they can power my towers (towers will be 400 to 600 watts each) (subwoofers 1/2Kw each)
or mabye a single 7.1 amp that can power it
i can go lower in speaker wattage but i hope you guys can tell me what there is on the market
dont mind the power usage :D

thanks in advance

shitty english :D

Solution
What sources do you have? Just one or multiple? If you have multiple, then what you would traditionally have is a preamp. They usually do surround decoding, many have a radio tuner, and handle remote switching.

A preamp will have an output (somtimes 2 for subs) for each channel of audio. You then use discrete cables to connect to one or more amps.

kanewolf

Judicious
What sources do you have? Just one or multiple? If you have multiple, then what you would traditionally have is a preamp. They usually do surround decoding, many have a radio tuner, and handle remote switching.

A preamp will have an output (somtimes 2 for subs) for each channel of audio. You then use discrete cables to connect to one or more amps.

Solution

Ruggo181

Commendable
Apr 17, 2016
Just to add what kanewolf has said, you'll be after a pre-amp, then depending on how much space/money you have you could then get 7 monobloc amps, 1 for each speaker, or 4 stereo amps.
I hope you live in a hall, because the setup you are after would really suit a large space.