An iPod Dock the Size of a Dining Table

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.
G

[citation][nom]del35[/nom]Nice waste. Just another reminder that there are lots of dumb people out there; in case Apple were not sufficient.[/citation]

This is perfect for all of those people I see buy a 4-door car, remove the back seats, and replace them with huge woofers, and turn a rather pedestrian 4-door car into a two seater that you wouldn't want to be caught dead in... this looks like it'd fit right in!

NapoleonDK

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2009
[citation][nom]gladiator_mohaa[/nom]As a live sound engineer I would never buy anything from Behringer. There make the worst gear in the business.[/citation]Oh there is certainly worse gear... But you're right about Behringer in general. I had two mixers and an equalizer blow out on me over the years. I have a pair of BL215A powered speakers that have somehow survived, but Behringer's $100 FBQ1502 is hissy beyond anything I've ever used. I bought a Mackie Pro FX16 mixer and never looked back, and a DBX EQ helps me compensate for the oddities of the BL215A's. ;)

mrmaia

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2011
How come Apple didn't suit Behringer's ass off yet? Apple must have patented the concept of "ridiculous gadget which does nothing useful but still costs two arms and four legs".

nukemaster

Distinguished
Just another over site maybe.

How the hell do they claim 10 000 watts when a standard wall outlet has 1875?

This is like

41A @ 240 volts
83A @ 120 volts
91A @ 110 volts

Better break out AWG 2(most houses use 14-12 fro standard plugs(15 or 20 amp)) wire :)

mdillenbeck

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
So its a giant stereo system that can only be used with an Apple product, and its an overpriced all-in-one that can be serviced by an end-user? Okay, it fits - after all, isn't that Apple's corporate philosophy that has made them a success and so many other companies have been criticized for not following...

morne

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2012
i like it, i dont like it, i like it, i dont like it, i like it, i dont like it, i like it, i dont like it, i like it, i dont like it, if i go on like this ill be as useless as the iNuke

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]nukemaster[/nom]Just another over site maybe.How the hell do they claim 10 000 watts when a standard wall outlet has 1875?This is like41A @ 240 volts83A @ 120 volts91A @ 110 voltsBetter break out AWG 2(most houses use 14-12 fro standard plugs(15 or 20 amp)) wire[/citation]

when you need specialty power installations, you call an electrition and get a special power plug for them, rewireing will be nessassary, but not cost nearly as much as the 30k you are spending on the speakers.

now correct me if i'm wrong, but there s no way in hell they are ever pushing 10000 watts. for most people these would be on low, and if i'm right, speakers don't always use the full watt, having them lower uses less. i'm betting the average home would use less than 2000 watts at any given time, probably 1000. im saying this as a person who has 500 watt speakers, i set them to about 10% of what they can output without annoying parents, and about 25% before they get to loud for my room at a reasonable level. only reason i ever went higher than that, was because i wanted to see how loud they could be, and at 50% when i run my guitar though them, for fun...

i can assume that the power this will draw at most it 10000 once, just to see the loudness, after that it will probably never go passed 2500 watts, and in america, i believe that the draw on one circuit is about 3000 limit. you could realisitcly draw from 2 circuts, and never need to worry about anything with this...

im coming at this from a power prospective, not a quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.