Analysts: iPad 2, iPhone 5 Delayed

Status
Not open for further replies.

bhamx2

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010
I hope this is true, it will give my current ipad a little more shelf life and my bday's in Septmeber soooo guess it'll be the iphone 5 or the galaxy s2 :)

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
There's no "window of opportunity" for Android tablets if the iPad 2 is delayed a month or two.

Only a complete idiot would buy one of the numerous "clone" Android tablets without first waiting until the iPad 2 is out so they can at least compare them before buying. It's not like Apple is delaying their iPad 2 by 6 months to a year.

G

Yeah, only complete idiots make a purchasing decision instead of perpetually waiting for the next best thing.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]eshodan[/nom]Yeah, only complete idiots make a purchasing decision instead of perpetually waiting for the next best thing.[/citation]

I always equate 1-2 months with perpetually waiting.

Uberragen21

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2009
All you spammers; go die. This is a comment section, not advertising section.

I can't wait to see the new iPhone 5. I can wait til July, though waiting until August or September will be hard with all the new Android 4G phones coming out in the next couple months. I've never owned an iPhone, but I'm thoroughly impressed at the 4th gen iPhone that friends and family own.

4G is a must in whatever I choose as my new smart phone. Lets see if Apple steps it up in time.

User69

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2010
[citation][nom]eshodan[/nom]Yeah, only complete idiots make a purchasing decision instead of perpetually waiting for the next best thing.[/citation]

...Really? I'll tell you what the next iPad 2 will be - slightly better screen, slightly better battery life, 1 USB port, front/back camera, a couple added iOS features, a slightly better processor - the same one that will be in the iPhone 5. One more thing, Samsung will be designing the processor and it will be throttled compared to Samsung devices.

G

ericburnby,

You obviously understand the concept of sarcasm, and I appreciate that about you. You're correct. I was being hyperbolic in an effort to prove my point that your blanket declaration of idiocy was absurd. That said, does it really matter whether the product is 2 months or 2 years away if a potential buyer decides that they need a product today? Remember also that an official release date for this particular device has not yet been announced, making the prospect of waiting for the product that much more uncertain. I'd hardly say that idiocy is the only means by which a consumer might decide to forego such a wait. Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding your comment.

G

Stepping from my ATT Tilt to the iPhone 3GS was pure bliss. I've been waiting to see what ipad2 and iphone5 bring. If they delay however, I WILL move on.. I just didn't want to lose the unlimited data plan.

longerlife

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised if Apple are having last minute design jitters and the delays are due to the fact that they are not competing in a small pond anymore.

Dual cores, Super Amoled plus screens, new faster Android devices, 1080p HD cameras, slicker quicker operating systems, dedicated game controllers built in, 3D shooting and viewing devices, the list goes on and on....

Anyone buying into Apple's locked down money grabbing ecosystem is merely a fool given the quality of the alternatives.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]There's no "window of opportunity" for Android tablets if the iPad 2 is delayed a month or two_Only a complete idiot would buy one of the numerous "clone" Android tablets without first waiting until the iPad 2 is out so they can at least compare them before buying. It's not like Apple is delaying their iPad 2 by 6 months to a year.[/citation]
here we go - calling people that do not think like you idiots...
Good for you, keep your nickname meaningful.

house70

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]eshodan2[/nom]ericburnby,You obviously understand the concept of sarcasm, and I appreciate that about you. You're correct. I was being hyperbolic in an effort to prove my point that your blanket declaration of idiocy was absurd. That said, does it really matter whether the product is 2 months or 2 years away if a potential buyer decides that they need a product today? Remember also that an official release date for this particular device has not yet been announced, making the prospect of waiting for the product that much more uncertain. I'd hardly say that idiocy is the only means by which a consumer might decide to forego such a wait. Perhaps, I'm misunderstanding your comment.[/citation]
Dude, your first sentence is already too deep for ericburnby. After all, there is a reason for his nickname...
+1

Wish I Was Wealthy

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2008
Maybe the delays may prove to be a good thing,but then again it may make some people double spend...Buy some other apple iPad now & just around the corner it will be released the product that you actually wanted & so the cycle of buying is seen again if you have enough spare cash to spend...

Status
Not open for further replies.