Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie Could Launch in Q2 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
Looking forward to it. Since Ice Cream Sandwich, Android has just been a rock solid and speedy OS. Let's hope for more speed and some great new features.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]gm0n3y[/nom]Looking forward to it. Since Ice Cream Sandwich, Android has just been a rock solid and speedy OS. Let's hope for more speed and some great new features.[/citation]
dunno what kind of Gingerbreads u got on your hand but if its not full of bloatware its faster then ICS.... lets not even mention battery life... but with project butter JB realy stepped forward ....speedwise ... battery is still shit

kryzzay

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2008
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]...and will take a year for carriers to release the upgrade. Slam iOS all you want as soon as an update is released you can download it whether is a minor or major update. How many versions of Android are there out there? Has to be the most fragmented OS in history.[/citation]

So what? Specific handset, specific version. Don't like it? Change it at will! For most people whatever they are running is fine. Personally, I flash unbranded OTA's as soon as they are on the webs :D

jerm1027

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2011
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]...and will take a year for carriers to release the upgrade. Slam iOS all you want as soon as an update is released you can download it whether is a minor or major update. How many versions of Android are there out there? Has to be the most fragmented OS in history.[/citation]
iOS is also one of the few I know whos updates are detrimental. I know quite a few iPhone users who complained about shitty battery life after the iOS 6 update, and that's in addition to Apple Maps, probably the only maps program ever to be unable to find the nearest Starbucks. Not to mention the interface hasn't changed much since it's 2007 release. At least Android is evolving into something more usable, and there are independent developers releasing updates for those determined to get one.

AndrewMD

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2008
[citation][nom]jerm1027[/nom]iOS is also one of the few I know whos updates are detrimental. I know quite a few iPhone users who complained about shitty battery life after the iOS 6 update, and that's in addition to Apple Maps, probably the only maps program ever to be unable to find the nearest Starbucks. Not to mention the interface hasn't changed much since it's 2007 release. At least Android is evolving into something more usable, and there are independent developers releasing updates for those determined to get one.[/citation]

Here's the thing, Apple actually updates their devices. Of course some people are going to notice some changes that are not expected; Okay, Maps wasn't ready for prime-time, but Apple did openly acknowledge they messed up and then directed people to alternatives.

Actually, I did not know many people that got affected by Map-Gate because Apple did not offer turn by turn directions in their previous versions (through google) which many had programs like Waze, Mapquest, or Tom Tom to name a few.

Interfaces do not have to change if people are not complaining about it. It seems the majority of people that are still using iPhones do not have a problem with walls of icons.

Android on the other hand has to evolve, it sucks. But now let me define sucks - This OS is not efficient, it chokes on 4 cores. It need 2gb system memory to run (still not smoothly), Lack of a uniform update (dependent on Manufacture and/or carrier), Can be prone to rogue programs, to name a few...

Yes, Android needs to change in order to fix problems that the previous version had. With the release of B10, Blackberry's device are smooth and quick. The release of Windows Phone 8 is also quick and smooth. These are two different OSes that shows that they can run like Apple's OS. Google needs to learn to take control of their product.

You also mentioned the third party ROM cookers, but as a consumer, this is not something they will do. As a developer, I would only use a cooked ROM for development purposes only and it would be on a device that does not contain any personal data or information.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS