Question android 6.0 on screen keyboard not working. can't enter password to get in. wondering if i add a plug in keyboard will it let me type in my password?

Feb 2, 2020
android 6.0 on screen keyboard not showing when i start the device and i can't enter my password to get in. wondering if i buy a plug in keyboard will i be able to type in my pw with it?

Maybe. No way to know for certain until you try.

However, that doesn't resolve the problem of why isn't the keyboard showing. Is it due to a bad update for the keyboard, a needed update for the keyboard, bad app on the phone, virus, malware, OS problem, or even a screen problem.

What you were doing before it started doing this would make a difference. Did you updated something, install something, damage the phone, etc.?

Feb 2, 2020
Maybe. No way to know for certain until you try.

However, that doesn't resolve the problem of why isn't the keyboard showing. Is it due to a bad update for the keyboard, a needed update for the keyboard, bad app on the phone, virus, malware, OS problem, or even a screen problem.

What you were doing before it started doing this would make a difference. Did you updated something, install something, damage the phone, etc.?
doing nothing unusual, it just started doing it for no reason, no updates or new programs or anything. i see online others having the same problem with many types of devices but no solid answers. guess you're right, just have to try and see thx

You could try starting it up in "Safe Mode" and see if it will work through there. If you can get in then, and it lets you type, then it is something on the device. Malware, virus, bad app, etc. that needs to be removed. Worst case being to do a "Hard Reset".

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the tablet.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

URsurrounded

Great
Feb 10, 2020
Coming up with an external add on fix to fix something that should just work naturally is ludicrous. If something is that wrong to the point where you can't even log in, you must have picked up something nasty. I would have the manufacturer walk you through resetting it to factory defaults. Back up anything important and start again. Make sure you have a good virus program on it and run things like Malwarebytes, Spybot Search and Destroy and Super Antispyware weekly to make sure nothing is being left on your device. Use the free versions of the three of those.

Mar 5, 2020
External keyboard is a good resolution. However, I would dive into the problem a little and try to understand why the keyboard isnt working in the first place.
~Engineer.AI