Question Android applications closing by themselves

kbidols

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Hi, so recently some of my android apps are closing by itself upon opening. It wouldn't take even 1 second after I click on the icon for the apps to automatically close. I have tried restarting the phone, clearing some spaces, uninstalling & updating the affected apps and even resetting the apps preferences. For unknown reason, Whatsapp is openable when the internet connection is turned off (either Wi-Fi or Mobile Data), but that way I cannot send nor receive any messages. The other affected apps are SMS and online taxi (Go-Jek).

I am using a Lenovo A6000.

The video tells it all. Here it is.

I have looked online for solutions but still no luck.
PLEASE HELP.

Thank you in advance!

kbidols

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Have you scanned this device for malware? What did you install/update just prior to the problem occurring?

Have you restarted the device recently? Is your phone updated (most recent Android version installed)?

I did not install anything at all and I don't know how to scan for malware on mobile phones. If you could direct me to some useful information, that would be great.

In the video I have made it clear that the phone is updated. I cannot update anything anymore.

I could possibly do a factory reset, but I know that it will erase everything on the phone and if possible, I'd like to avoid that option first. Unless there is finally no solution in the end, then I might just end up doing that.

kbidols

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010

kbidols

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
Agreed. A factory reset is in order. Do you have a backup for this system before initiating the reset?

UPDATE:

I have now reset the phone to factory. The problem is gone, but unfortunately only for 2 days. After that, dialer and contacts won't open anymore. I cannot make phone calls nor add any new contacts. Other applications are also not open able, but not specifically just one certain app. It changes every time. Like for instance this morning Whatsapp won't open, at 11 o'clock it's the SMS that won't open and then the next day it's the e-mail app that won't open. So the problem is like switching in between apps.

I know this sounds very weird, but that's what's happening.

kbidols

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
LATEST UPDATE:

After months without solution, 2 days ago the android system updated itself. I did not notice any difference since every other updates before that changed nothing.

Miraculously yesterday I tried to click on contacts and dialer, and IT OPENS UP NORMALLY. YES, it works now. I can now add contacts and make phone calls again. Other apps that had problems were also operating normally.

Now, everything seems to be working normal like it used to be.

What did I do to fix this? NOTHING really. I just waited patiently and keep letting the system updates itself over the course of a few month. So, just in case any one is encountering the same issue, I would suggest you to wait for several months. I know it might seems long and painful to wait that long, but if you are not in a rush to use the phone with its full function, the waiting process is worthy.

Thank you anyway for everyone trying to give me solutions.