Android Device Manager Will Help You Track Your Lost Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

kozmo403

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
Not sure if my device just got updated faster or not, but both my Nexus 7 and Moto Photon (Sprint) both appear on the web app and the settings appear in the google settings options on both devices.

This isn't quite as robust as Android Lost, but at least it's going to be available as a built in option.

whiteodian

Distinguished
Apr 8, 2010
AndroidLost has cooler features. It will even let you look through the camera. Hopefully google builds on this. Took them long enough to get. Apple has had Find my iPhone for a while now.

joebob2000

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2006
All of my devices are present, including my S3, S1, Nexus 7, and even my MK808B android TV stick showed up, and declared that it was in my living room (which is correct). Pretty cool. One disadvantage is that it looks like if your device is on wifi where push notifications are blocked (a lot of corp intranets do this) you wont have any luck with using the service. You need to be on truly open wifi, or on 3G/4G to use it. I am going to keep Lookout installed on my devices for a little while, until I am comfortable with this new feature.

G

Android Device Manager Will Help You to Help Them to Track You

Status
Not open for further replies.