Android factory reset not working

Dirtbag207

Prominent
May 4, 2017
Having problems doing a hard reset on my phone.

I have and android asus zenfone with android 6.0.1 installed.

I'm trying to do a factory reset and none of the normal routes seem to work.

When i go to settings and then backup/reset as i get to the last step entering the numbers pushing the final key does nothing.

Ok so i try holding power and volume up and the phone seems to just freeze with fastboot mode!!! On the top of the screen.

As a footnote. It seems to be stuck in thr middle of a system update i cant seem to stop or finish.

If anyone has any tips, thanks in advance.

Solution
Try the following as it may well be a bad app, virus or malware that is causing your issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If you can get into the system in "Safe Mode" then you should be able to do the reset.
Try the following as it may well be a bad app, virus or malware that is causing your issues.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

If you can get into the system in "Safe Mode" then you should be able to do the reset.

Solution

cvarize88

Prominent
Jan 23, 2018

iv tried to factory reset my iphone 6 , i pluged in pc to get the signal to factory reset now my phone will not turn on from having a good baterie please insight