Android is for Boys? 73 Percent of Users Are Male

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

xpax

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2009
[citation][nom]vant[/nom]I think it's so ironic how Apple is hated in the US. We always complain that American cars are terrible and very uncreative. Americans are willing to pay a premium just to get a car from Europe or Japan. Now the US has the most innovative electronics company in the world, and we still have hate. Ironically, it is because Apple products command a premium. Consensus? Americans hate themselves.[/citation]
Actually, it's pretty simple. The people who hate Apple (myself included) do so because Apple products represent a dumbing-down of technology. We like technology that is flexible and open.

That's not to say that my distaste is just because they're making technology accessible. I have no problem with that, and it's a great idea. Apple takes it too far. It's one thing to create a nice simple Fisher-Price style interface for the dummies, it's another entirely to lock out all of the great technology underneath it to those who are savvy enough to use it.

niz

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2003
Most women don't understand or cope well with tech.
Sorry if you think that just pointing out such a thing is sexist, but that doesn't stop it being true.

Status
Not open for further replies.