Android Nexus version differences?

Solution
The Nexus devices also run stock Android without any of the modifications that other manufacturers tend to put on Android devices. I personally prefer stock Android, but there are some good things in the modified versions. However, the modifications to tend to have a (usually small) negative effect on performance. Probably not noticeable on newer/higher-end devices.

ItsAdamTheHDGamer

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014

All Nexus devices get the Android updates first OTA. That's it really. But if you need a tablet I'd recommend the 8" Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro or S.

jakjawagon

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2010
The Nexus devices also run stock Android without any of the modifications that other manufacturers tend to put on Android devices. I personally prefer stock Android, but there are some good things in the modified versions. However, the modifications to tend to have a (usually small) negative effect on performance. Probably not noticeable on newer/higher-end devices.

Solution

Brally

Estimable
Oct 11, 2014
Thanks for your answers. I'm not in the market for a new android tablet so knowing the automatic updates keep the tablet current is valuable. Both answers are helpful, thank you.