Android Pay keeps giving notifications?

etihau

Commendable
May 30, 2016
Hey guys,

So I've been running Samsungs new Goodlock app for quite a while without problems. About an hour ago I wanted to test Hi Locker, so I installed it. Ever since that moment I keep getting random notifications from Android Pay telling me to setup a lock screen. So I deleted Hi Locker and reverted to Goodlock, but it still keeps giving me that notification about every 15 mins or so.

Is there any way to fix this? I've already looking for answers online, but what strikes me the most is that it worked before and now it's really broken.

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It sounds like the other program added things to the device that you didn't want. I am assuming, when you say you 'deleted' the app, you mean you uninstalled it? If that isn't the case, I would do so.

Also, I would suggest you try restarting the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you still get these notifications. If you don't, which I am thinking you won't, then it is definitely something the app installed and you need to locate what it was and uninstall it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message...
It sounds like the other program added things to the device that you didn't want. I am assuming, when you say you 'deleted' the app, you mean you uninstalled it? If that isn't the case, I would do so.

Also, I would suggest you try restarting the phone in "Safe Mode" and see if you still get these notifications. If you don't, which I am thinking you won't, then it is definitely something the app installed and you need to locate what it was and uninstall it.

To get into "Safe Mode" please do the following.

1. First turn off the phone.

2. Next press and hold "Power" until you see the manufacturers logo on the screen, then release the power button.

3. "Quickly" press "Volume Down" and hold it for few seconds until you see the message "Safe mode: ON" or something similar.

4. If you wanted disable it, simply repeat the steps above, and you should see "Safe Mode: OFF" rather than on.

Solution