Android Wifi connection not working

mitsum

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
I have a weird problem and cannot figure out whats happening. My android Alcatel Onetvouch phone cannot detect any wifi signals at home. I was able to connect very well before but it suddenly stopped. Now i dont see even my neighbours signal. But did before. Here's the confusing part- when Im at work, or ball park or library, or Cricket wireless store it will show up all available wifis. But when Im home..nothing is showing up. My wife's phone works normal and is able to show all available wifi at home. Laptop etc are also showing wifi. Only my cell phone appears to have a wifi restriction when I'm home. Tried every solution - reset, airplane mode, upgrade android version, wifi app etc etc. No solution and its be bugging me. Thanks very much for your tip.

Solution
Maybe the answer is in the router's settings. Have a look to see which Channels it broadcasts on and if you can, change it to another and carry on experimenting..

mitsum

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Thanks very much for the tip. Will try that. But heres what is puzzling..my phone used to pick neighbours signal as well..now even that is not showing up as 'available' wifi

But you can take it out and it works everywhere except your own home but your wife's works? That's really weird because I'd normally suspect environmental issues - microwaves and all that. How near to your property can you pick up a signal from anywhere?

mitsum

Commendable
Aug 13, 2016
Totally weird right? My neighbours are about 20 ft away. I should try that. When Im home my wifi or my neighbours wifi does not show up. But else where Wifi is picked up. If Im home..say 2 foot from the modem then i get the signal. If i take 4 steps away..nothing!