Android's Next Major Release Will Be Version 2.3

Status
Not open for further replies.

gmarsack

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2009
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]any new features or a improved UI?[/citation]
I would love to see touch sensitivity addressed and an improved UI. That would make Android amazing. It's an excellent platform, but those two features make it feel unfinished, in my opinion. I love my DROID though and can't wait to see what comes next!

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]gmarsack[/nom]I would love to see touch sensitivity addressed and an improved UI. That would make Android amazing. It's an excellent platform, but those two features make it feel unfinished, in my opinion. I love my DROID though and can't wait to see what comes next![/citation]
i love my nexus one but it annoys me that google refuses to improve the ui in terms of usability and speed.... there are many times where the ui just lags up

they have a nice os but they need a UI to go on top of it

my next phone might be a Win7 Phone if google doesn't get on the ball

2real

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2009
[citation][nom]aaron686[/nom]This ain't an apple article lol.[/citation]
he was talking about apple new sex toy

micr0be

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2009
i'm with gmarsack and 2real on this, android needs to dedicate an upgrade to UI specifically. if and when it does occur, android sales will skyrocket, and we users won't feel let down with an unoptimized UI.

bsbsbsbs

Distinguished
Jun 30, 2010
[citation][nom]2real[/nom]i love my nexus one but it annoys me that google refuses to improve the ui in terms of usability and speed.... there are many times where the ui just lags upthey have a nice os but they need a UI to go on top of itmy next phone might be a Win7 Phone if google doesn't get on the ball[/citation]

Is that a threat? I'm sure Google is shaking in it's boots. :D

mauller07

Distinguished
Mar 28, 2010
I think they already stated that 2.3 will be a standardisation to the interface, so could mean a whole new interface. not sure what this will mean for interfaces from others like htc sense-ui etc

but there were a few other under hood tweaks and optimisations as well as adition of webm and some other bluetooth voice commands and other video codec support, but nothing major besides the interface on the cards for features from what i have seen.

WebM video playback support
Full UI refresh
Bluetooth voice commands
Broader video codec support

silverblue

Distinguished
Jul 22, 2009
[citation][nom]bsbsbsbs[/nom]Great now I'm not excited about Froyo at all!!!On with 2.3 Mystery for the Galaxy S![/citation]
Don't. Most of us are still waiting for 2.2. :( I don't think we have the life expectancy necessary to wait for another update.

Status
Not open for further replies.