Angry Birds Goes Free for Android, Nukes Hosts

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What's wrong with just using the market to download it?

No problem here, Boss.

stormvice

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2008
Set a price for iPhone users, make profit and release for free to Android Users? I laughed a lot
Using a Milestone. Very funny game.

ithurtswhenipee

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
[citation][nom]stormvice[/nom]Set a price for iPhone users, make profit and release for free to Android Users? I laughed a lotUsing a Milestone. Very funny game.[/citation]
Why not? isheep have been proven to have more money than sense.

maxh2

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
It's available on the market, as well. The catch is ads. There is an ad displayed at the bottom at the beginning of each level, but it goes away after a few seconds.

smeker

Distinguished
Mar 5, 2010
[citation][nom]maxh2[/nom]It's available on the market, as well. The catch is ads. There is an ad displayed at the bottom at the beginning of each level, but it goes away after a few seconds.[/citation]
Yep... actually i perfer to pay 99c than be spammed by adds, but to each its own.

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
When I look for an app, I go to the Marketplace. Maybe Google's openness is lost on me here, but I didn't even know there were third-party app dealers for Android. Getjar? Never heard of it. Of course, the only third-party app I ever installed was Swype, and I only heard of that after multiple articles on various websites.

When releasing a Free game, why not use the Marketplace? Its not like Google can take a cut of $0. And who on an Android phone is going to think "hey, I wonder if they offer a Symbian version of this app"? Multiple websites? Ever heard of auto-detect and redirect? When I go to redbox.com, they point me to their Android-friendly website.

The_Lurker

Distinguished
Oct 8, 2010
I love it when you pay for an app that's free a few days later. My iphone looks to be the last Apple product I buy for a long time...

jojesa

Distinguished
It doesn't support QVGA resolution so not luck for HTC G1 (Dream)users.
It is a 12MB download but it needs around 45MB available space while installing.
It occupies 14MB of space after installation.
Great entertaining game though.

ericburnby

Distinguished
Mar 4, 2010
[citation][nom]ithurtswhenipee[/nom]Why not? isheep have been proven to have more money than sense.[/citation]
Proven? By who?

Must be so upsetting to you basement dwelling still at home with mom nerds when successful, well educated and highly intelligent people decide to buy an Apple product.

r0x0r

Distinguished
May 9, 2006
[citation][nom]ericburnby[/nom]Proven? By who?Must be so upsetting to you basement dwelling still at home with mom nerds when successful, well educated and highly intelligent people decide to buy an Apple product.[/citation]

You do realize you got trolled right? That's not a hallmark of someone well educated or highly intelligent.

The troll, however, was successful.

Status
Not open for further replies.