Angry Birds: No Money In Android Market

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jrnyfan

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2005
Maaaaaaaaaybe it's because people that buy iphones and such have proved themselves lemmings and willing to pay for crap whereas Android users have proved themselves capable of rational thought and not following the masses and thus aren't likely to pay for crappy apps when you can get perfectly good ones for free.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
How is this guy relevant? He's the one that pissed his pants against Microsoft about Angry Birds and then released it on WP7 anyway. Once a guy does that I lose respect.

sevensz

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
You can only buy apps for Android if you live in the USA. For Apple there is an App store in every country the phone is sold in. This is the biggest problem with Android market place.

borisof007

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2010
[citation][nom]Anonymous[/nom]I'd prefer to pay for Angry Birds then see the stupid ads on the bottom. I didn't get a choice when Angry Birds was released for Android.[/citation]

I totally agree, this guy's a freaking moron. Of course they'll be no money in the droid market if you DON'T CHARGE FOR IT. Start charging money you morons then maybe you'll make something.

parkerthon

Distinguished
Jan 3, 2011
What's good for consumers isn't always good companies trying to part them from their money. Why do they think Android has become so popular? It doesn't cost so much. I have an iPad and a Nexus One. Sibe by side, Apple costs way more. Period. No, I don't dislike Apple's closed model. They make some seriously slick hardware. I dislike how much everything costs. Apps, accessories, data plans... and then you gotta do it all over again when the next gen comes out because there's no upgrades to HD? I pay for apps in Marketplace all the time... but mostly for awesome apps I have been using for a long time that now offer extras. I groan every time I end up looking at my iTunes store cc bill at the end of the month. As soon as a solid Android tablet oferring is out there, the iPad is going on ebay.

Status
Not open for further replies.