Announcing Tom’s Guide Dell XPS Q&A and Laptop Giveaway!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have 3 questions.
1. Why does the dell xps 13 cost so much? I am talking about the non convertible. I ask this as I have always wondered why high end ultrabooks have cost a lot of money when you can't do that much with them.
2. Why do some of your business line come with only 1 year of warranty and not the standard 2. I forgot the exact models sorry.
3. Do you plan on bringing more models to the dell insperon 1537 I think the laptop is called. I am talking about the one with the gtx 1050.

If I come up with more I will ask here.

Kool1976

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I have not yet to own a laptop, is xps 13 a good start for me ,to be ah-nest I was just shopping for a new computer because my dell Inspiron with window vista is not upgrade eligible for windows 10. when i saw this ad. I am pertinently going to use it for gaming and maybe 3d graphic design and animation will there be plenty of harddrive and ram for the mmo type games and long animation bakes.

Kool1976

Prominent
Mar 1, 2017
I have not yet to own a lap top will xps 13 be a good start for me?i plan to use the xps 13 for mmo type gameing and 3d type animation will there be enough hard drive space and ram?

aymonitto

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
MERGED QUESTION
Question from aymonitto : "XPS Laptop Specifications"

Can you provide the full specifications of hardware and operating system of the laptop you want to give away?

Guaje

Prominent
Mar 3, 2017
The picture shows quite a big top margin. Will it have an infinity display? Does pricing come down to a 13 in laptop form-factor with a 15 in display, while looking sleek? Will the camera be at the bottom of the lcd? How about that 13" form factor and 15" screen size on any of your regularly-priced laptop lines? (<$500 with mid-range i7 and 250GB solid-state drive, 16GB RAM?)

Adham6124

Prominent
Mar 5, 2017
What would you suggest as the best way to setup your new laptop for security purposes? What types of software should everyone have? Password protector , browser security, malware, anti-virus, vpn, etc. do you have any specific recommendations - is there a quick and easy fix?

Status
Not open for further replies.