Annoying CPU throttle

Edwin_22

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Hey everyone, my CPU keeps throttling. I have a Lenovo ThinkPad edge e-535, with an amd a8-4500m, and hd 7670m gpu, i got it for decent gaming and mostly to make comics since am an artist.

A few months ago it started dropping speeds to 0.8ghz while using heavy apps, which makes the computer barely usable, i used amd over drive to stop turbo core and under clocked my gpu, but the throttle is still on.....my bios settings do not show any options for controlling fan speeds or disabling cool n quiet, c-state and other stuff coz all it has is boot options.

Thanks in advance.

You can get some software that will allow for controlling the fan speeds, and monitoring them. Quite a few of them are free as well.

However, that said, I would also look at any 'junk' taking up space, and using up resources on the computer as well. Over time more and more of it winds up on the device, and this will cause effect your systems performance

Edwin_22

Commendable
Oct 30, 2016
Thanks for the quick response,

right now am doing simple browsing, nothing else, no downloads nothing heavy, and the temps are high, according to core temp, my cpu is at 64°c, then gpu-z the integrated card has about 112°c and the dedicated has 69°c, no throttle though, but am sure if i start a movie, it will throttle immediately.
I checked for dust in it and found nothing, its clean. am starting to think the pc could have some program which just gets it heating up, but according to Task manager, i see between 30-10% of cpu usage.
Am about to give up on AMD hardware.

can you give me some programs which could control fan speeds, apparently AMD overdrive has the fan options greyed out. And then how do i check what apps are junking my thing?