There's a glitch in my laptop,my speaker and headphone are totally functional but on other hand I can only use one at a time.That means while I'm using the speaker,I can't plug-in my headphone immediately and furthermore I must go to the playback devices and set headphone as default,after that I finally can use the headphone.But it takes time and quite bothersome and annoying,if there's a way to skip those steps and use the headphone after it's plug-in.Please tell me how to do it.
Even though there's probably no way to fix this useless is going to the shop...
Here are some troubleshooting steps that may help. One question though, your laptop does have 2 3.5mm port for your headphone and microphone right?
- Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Sound card driver.
- Once completely uninstalled, download and install the latest driver from the manufacturer site of the laptop.
- Reboot the laptop once the latest driver has been installed.
- After the reboot, do test it again and see if the same problem will persist or not.
- If the problem remain after these steps I would suggest reinstalling Windows.
- But if reinstalling Windows will still not solve the problem, do contact the manufacturer of the laptop if it's still under the factory warranty.