Anonymous Hacks Security Firm Investigating It

Status
Not open for further replies.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
I'm sorry right, but allegedly doing that to someone's Twitter account..whoever is responsible..doesn't make you big or clever in my book.

dogman_1234

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2009
This keeps on getting weirder and weirder...

I think there will be a 'civil war' here in the US again. Just on the Internet: Gov't vs 'Anonymous'.

THEfog101

Distinguished
May 12, 2010
maybe this is a message that the governments need to sit down and talk with anonymous instead of trying to destroy them. Im sure trying to contact them wouldn't be very difficult with the amount of resources the world powers have at their disposal

jerreece

Distinguished
Sep 7, 2006
This is not the most mature way of handling people's issues. Then again, I'm sure there's an inclination for hackers to be fairly nerdy, and therefore somewhat immature. Am I right? :) All of us techie types have a little more kid inside than others perhaps.

And telling the company that they were being b-slapped isn't a sign of maturity.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]N19h7M4r3[/nom]Then you read the wrong books lol...[/citation]

In what way? It's claimed personally identifiable information was posted on someone's social networking profile and without their consent. Would it be cool if Twitter, or MySpace did such a thing?

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Unreal. I got an idea. Lets boast about having leads on a hacker grp that has the ability to hack you any place and anytime. Well that minus 1 for brains. There f***ing hackers you moron. Boasting about leads is like hanging your weewee out there and saying kick me here. Not mention that HBGary is security firm. My first question is who's doing your security. Maybe you sure hire one of the hackers, because its clear after they took your email that you don't have a clue about security. Not to mention the fact the more attention you give Anonymous the more people will rally to their cause white hats and black hats. I laugh when things like this happens, because its clear to me some people in our government are still living in the 50's. I think the catch line to swordfish says it all. "hack in, go anywhere, steal everything..."

Cheers...

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
If you want to get the governments attention, hack General Motors, and General Electric. Basically, companies that have strong ties and contracts with the government.

captjack5169

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
[citation][nom]wild9[/nom]In what way? It's claimed personally identifiable information was posted on someone's social networking profile and without their consent. Would it be cool if Twitter, or MySpace did such a thing?[/citation]

If your personal information is on twitter or myspace or facebook. YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET!

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]captjack5169[/nom]If your personal information is on twitter or myspace or facebook. YOU DESERVE WHAT YOU GET![/citation]

A profile was hacked for the purpose of disclosing personal details. If the user did not consent to having their privacy breached in this manner then no I do not see how you deserve what you get because in my eyes this turns from a resentment of an individual or corporation's alleged actions and into the realm of something far more sinister..

littleleo

Distinguished
May 8, 2009
If you start going after hackers you have to expect them to strike back at you, so you should be ready. Either their ego was higher then their security or they didn't think they'd get a response. Very dumb in either case. If I had hired this firm for security I might start having second thoughts. Right about now.

G

As far as i know Anonymous are global... the Governments of the world can't unite over anything let alone catching the leaders of a hacking group.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
applegetsmelaid, I sometimes wonder who the match is.

Cards on the table. Is 'Anonymous' a genuine, credible threat, or could it be a propaganda tool designed to influence corporate, political or public policy? The source remains largely unknown, so it could be anyone and for literally any reason. I don't know what the solution is to this but I think it's all too easy to easy to jump on the bandwagon and assume that Anonymous is some rogue hacking group looking for a thrill; for all we know it could be someone else merely pointing the finger in order to enforce their own agenda.

wild9

Distinguished
May 20, 2007
[citation][nom]digitalexplosives[/nom]As far as i know Anonymous are global... the Governments of the world can't unite over anything let alone catching the leaders of a hacking group.[/citation]

Remove corporate funding..I wonder how many of our elected heads of state would jump in unison.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS