Anonymous Raises $54K via Indiegogo to Fund News Site

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRosencraft

Distinguished
Aug 26, 2011
My prediction is that they will end up like most other "citizen" journalist sites/efforts - only stories with skewed views of reality, a lot of false/highly inaccurate "reporting", and only a few coherently written and accurate stories. Not to mention it would make me squeamish to go to any website run by a group that likes to hack computers.

slomo4sho

Distinguished
Oct 30, 2008
Digital activism? By hacking other websites? If China does it then its an act of war but if these cowards do so behind closed doors it should be praised?

faust_67

Honorable
Dec 7, 2012
A news site by anomymous would not be worst that any other supposed "news" site owned by some big corporation and is very careful not to angry advertisers with some article based on real investigative journalism. I applaud any initiative for independent journalism. I am a Frenchman living in the US for more than 10 years and I look at foregin news form time to time because it gives another side of the story, very different from what the media provides here. I particularly like to browse 2 Feench websites called rue89 and mediapart that depend less on advertisizing because they exist based in part or totaly on the support of suscribers. They came out with stories (politicla lies mostly, what a surprise) that other regular meida outlets would never have touched. Anonymous might prove to be a crappy news site, but that is the not the point. The point is: welcome to other points of view.

Status
Not open for further replies.