Anonymous Targeting Intel, Facebook, More Over CISPA

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

pocketdrummer

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
The funny thing is that their probably rocking intel processors in their own systems, yet they want to attack them.

The real irony is that Anon is going to attack these companies for attempting to protect themselves from attacks that Anon themselves have made popular. Such legislation wouldn't even be necessary if Anon would stop what they're doing. The only change they're making in the world is a negative one, and the PEOPLE will pay for their actions. More laws will be passed to violate our internet privacy in order for the government to have the ability to track and convict those who launch these cyber attacks.

They are guaranteeing the very future they're attempting to prevent.

Pailin

Distinguished
Dec 1, 2007
Understanding is key in this situation.

Anonymous are meant to be safeguarding our internet lives

They have been primarily (initially) attacking companies and arms of the Gov that were not safeguarding our data (credit card info for example) well enough + were easy targets for Real terrorists

Anonymous’ actions maybe have safeguarded us from the Biggest heist in all History that could have been made by Terrorists who'd use our own stolen $ to attack us in Real Life.

With no public humiliation of breached defences so often on given dates with months of notice, these companies would not have "wasted" all that $ beefing up their security to prevent further hacks + more lost data.

This Bill Unbelievably seems to :

Suddenly (Gov) Agencies and Private entities can Freely pass our personal data around for Any purpose all now with no warrants required…!!!

Allow closure of Web smallest accidental copyright infringements – making operation of many site a challenging issue at best (again)

Overwrites all previous internet privacy legislation !!

We NEED someone to prevent all our freedoms being stolen from under our noses.

Actions of Anonymous and other freedom and privacy groups are the Only thing keeping us out of a Total Police state – something we are already too close to!

We need a Clear and open protection from our Governments and Companies – that makes us feel protected & safe, not oppressed!

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]stingstang[/nom]frozonic, intelligently is spelled with 2 L's. I didn't read much further than that...Anyway, I can't see how the information collected by the companies isn't already used for the things listed there...illegally or not. It's what we can't see that is really messing with our privacy, and this bill is just letting us know it would be happening.[/citation]
Actually the word has 3 L's :)

twelch82

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2011
Something needs to be done about the copyright and patent system in the US, and I'm saying that as a videogame software developer - theoretically from one of the industries most affected by it. I'm worried, because I think if this doesn't get fixed, I'm either going to end up out of a job, have to work for someone that I don't want to work for, or maybe even leave the country in favor of somewhere that doesn't have these laws.

The whole industry couldn't exist the way that it currently exists if everybody went out and started patenting everything, and that seems to be the way that it's going. We don't have that many things left in America that we produce better than other countries, and I think the tech industry will be lost soon if we don't reverse course.

dreadlokz

Honorable
Mar 30, 2012
why don't they just attack banks? banks are the roots of all evil! And it would bring a real change... I think they don't want to change anything, just want atention! Even hackers are sold to capitalism!

shafe88

Distinguished
Jul 6, 2010
[citation][nom]pocketdrummer[/nom]The funny thing is that their probably rocking intel processors in their own systems, yet they want to attack them. How do you know their rocking Intel processors, maybe their rocking AMD processors.[/citation]

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]Tomfreak[/nom]Moron, target the MPAA, RIAA, not those Intel, Facebook.[/citation]

And do what?

Facebook's business is purely online. MPAA, RIAA business is in Washington DC.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]mightymaxio[/nom]Anonymous will all get caught eventually its only a matter of time. They are going to pass laws that hurt average americans because of what Anonymous is doing to protect us against Anonymous. If its the cost of a little privacy i would like to see Anonymous taken to jail and then the laws later reversed when lawyers decide its against our constitutional rights.[/citation]

Each one you take down, a 100 more raise in their place. Anonymous is not a organization, it's more of an idea.

There are no leaders for Anon, no central point to attack. Anon is pretty much the Internet in human form.

Anyone who understands how the internet works would see the connection.

mightymaxio

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2009
I just don't understand why everyone supports hackers? It is not like the movie hackers at all btw. This hurts us and not them so why support them?

G

The govt needs anon. Without anon the elderly and ignorant would not support freedom robbing bills like CISPA.

scannall

Distinguished
Jan 28, 2012
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]You do realize that Anonymous is a collection of people from around the world. The US has no jurisdiction to pursue said individuals. They would only be wasting more of your tax dollars in doing so, since you don't have to sign up to be a part of Anonymous. Several hackers have been arrested in the past, but it hasn't stopped more from joining.[/citation]

It's more a relative handful of smart people, programers etc and a bunch of drones and script kiddies. Don't bother with the drones, take out the smart ones.

kentlowt

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2006
[citation][nom]walter87[/nom]You do realize that Anonymous is a collection of people from around the world. The US has no jurisdiction to pursue said individuals. They would only be wasting more of your tax dollars in doing so, since you don't have to sign up to be a part of Anonymous. Several hackers have been arrested in the past, but it hasn't stopped more from joining.[/citation]
One thing the gov. is good at is wasting $. I would not put it past them to do it.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
I find it ironic that they're threatening to attack those supporting these rules, when the rules are a direct result of those terrorist organizations' previous actions.
Basically it's like a kid stealing, and then threatening the shop owner to blow up the shop because he got busted.

trumpeter1994

Honorable
Mar 27, 2012
Intel? wtf anonymous your most likely attacking intel using computers with intel chips in them..... How about attacking record companies instead, intel has enough engineers anyways that they could probably kick you around.....

Status
Not open for further replies.