Anonymous Threatens Attack on Facebook for January 28

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
[citation][nom]amabhy[/nom]I like how you tried to get your grammar act together but once again misspelled witted... I guess once a retard always a retard. I take that back about going to school... no amount of schooling will rehabilitate your sad little pea-sized brain.[/citation]

hehe well you are just as sad for continuing to respond to it. don't be late for your shift at burger king now

dalethepcman

Distinguished
Jul 1, 2010
Some might find it odd that every time anon takes down sites for their reasons, one of these "Anon is taking down site X that everyone loves" pops up. I think this is standard practice now. Call me a conspiracy theorist all you want, but this is obviously propaganda and fear mongering trying to sway the uneducated into disliking anonymous.

wmalinowski

Distinguished
Apr 20, 2006
Who gives a damn? I have no respect any group(s) who attack behind the shadows(or computers. Toms Hardware stop reporting this crap. All they want is attention and what you are giving them.

V8VENOM

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I dislike anyone that feels the need to hide and lurk.

Why does Tom's give them free publicity ... oh that's right, hit count so Tom's advertisers are happy. Now that's truly funny ... Tom's using Anonymous to get hit count to get more ad revenue ... man, that's gotta bug Anonymous to be used in such a way, but it is pretty freakin' funny!! LMAO.

G

Virtual wrecking ball, they took the sites offline for like 8 hours. Thats not wrecking ball, thats a mosquito.

madooo12

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2011
Facebook is designed to take 800M users and is expecting 1B active

i think it's impossible for anon to do anything using DDoS attacks

anonymous released personal information of Chris Dodd, his wife and his children, this shows why not to support them

BTW i never use(d) facebook and i really hate it but i hat anon as well

xerroz

Distinguished
Jun 15, 2010
12 am? Why not do it at a time when people are most active on facebook, assuming this would even work in the first place it's only logical to want to do the most damage.

G

Anybody else just imagine these anonymous people as fat college geeks with nothing better to do then screw up stuff as pranks and call themselves noble for doing it. Other then being annoying, are they really accomplishing anything?

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
[citation][nom]jescott418[/nom] Other then being annoying, are they really accomplishing anything?[/citation]

Are you?

What they do accomplish is continuing to get publicity. Publicity is the goal of protest. You want people to hear your voice. Sometimes you gotta throw a rock at someone to get their attention, but you throw it at their leg, not their head.

[citation][nom]madooo12[/nom]Facebook is designed to take 800M users and is expecting 1B activei think it's impossible for anon to do anything using DDoS attacksanonymous released personal information of Chris Dodd, his wife and his children, this shows why not to support themBTW i never use(d) facebook and i really hate it but i hat anon as well[/citation]

This seems like a great reason to support them. Chris Dodd is an egotistical, corrupt, lying tool. I don't support harassing any young children if his children are young, but his wife and other adults are well aware of how he is and gain from his corruption, so don't expect me to feel bad for them. They need to pull some skeletons out of his closet. It shouldn't be hard to find them with a guy like this. When it comes to public figures, scandal is the deadliest weapon.

pharoahhalfdead

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2010
Articles about anon are hilarious. It's quite amusing to see whenever anybody says anything negative about anonymous, the amount of negative thumbs given go through the roof. Anonymous cheerleader trolls are funny. You go girl.

@Kinggraves: You made a great statement about about publicity. It's been said, "There is no such thing as negative publicity."

cpatel1987

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2010
[citation][nom]keczapifrytki[/nom]http://twitter.com/anonopsAbout the Nov 5th threat they said that they "do not shoot the messenger"[/citation]

If you all go to that link, Anonymus is also declaring this to be a fake as well. Toms Hardware, update your article/make a retraction and stop jumping to conclusions.

Status
Not open for further replies.