Another Siri Clone Arrives on Android: Cluzee

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben850

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2009
Competition is good.

Take note as to what happens with Intel's high-end CPU prices/evolution once AMD has left the performance market.

itchyisvegeta

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2010
Competition being good is much more than prices. If AMD left the performance market, Intel would have littler reason to push out the latest and greatest, and continue to make better products. With competition, you have to out due your competitors, by releasing better products.

G

[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]So now anything that involves speech recognition is going to be called a "SIRI Clone".[/citation]

All of this success and excitement about speech recognition. Why couldn't Microsoft get it even close to right? In my own testing, Windows 7 speech implementation won't understand the command to start listening 99% of the time.

If that trend carries over to Windows 8 on mobile devices, then its a pretty sad affair for that camp.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]soo-nah-mee[/nom]So now anything that involves speech recognition is going to be called a "SIRI Clone".[/citation]

A program that has the same letters as in the word "Siri" but is spelled backward isn't a clone, it's... a compliment?

The fact Android has offered speech recognition - crappy speech recognition - for years but companies have just now decided to care about improving it, a month after the iPhone 4S was released could be considered copying, unless you're a one-sided Android fanboy (which, given your post history it would appear that you are) in which case Apple suxx0rz, etc.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

A program that has the same letters as in the word "Siri" but is spelled backward isn't a clone, it's... a compliment?

The fact Android has offered speech recognition - crappy speech recognition - for years but companies have just now decided to care about improving it, a month after the iPhone 4S was released could be considered copying, unless you're a one-sided Android fanboy (which, given your post history it would appear that you are) in which case Apple suxx0rz, etc.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011

No.

motheninja

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2011
Yes. All these shitty voice assistants are Siri wannabes. Siri itself is a Piece of Shit. Iam not an android fanboy, Iam not an apple fanboy.

alikum

Distinguished
Nov 28, 2008
[citation][nom]ListenUpMicrosoft[/nom]All of this success and excitement about speech recognition. Why couldn't Microsoft get it even close to right? In my own testing, Windows 7 speech implementation won't understand the command to start listening 99% of the time.If that trend carries over to Windows 8 on mobile devices, then its a pretty sad affair for that camp.[/citation]
What commands? Mine works okay.

tuffjuff

Distinguished
Nov 29, 2011
[citation][nom]captaincharisma[/nom]i tried iris on my nexus and it was crap. i don't think this will be any better. maybe it just me and how i expect this siri thing to be everything i think it is[/citation]

I don't have a 4S, but I've been a happy 4 owner for over a year (recently switching to Sprint, about a month and a half ago). It surprises me that in around 13 years of voice recognition on the PC, nobody seems to have gotten it "right" in general. Sure, you have some systems that work better than others - Sync works quite well, for example. Overall though it seems there hasn't been much meaningful progress.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
Before I buy a new phone, I'm waiting for some competition for a SIRI-like app on an Android phone. Sadly, it doesn't seem like anything has touched it, yet.

captaincharisma

Distinguished
i think voice reconition is getting better. i been using the speech to text feature on my nexus s a couple times already and its 95% successful. but the speech reconition for hands free calling still sucks

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009

Ofcorse, atleast on Toms Hardware where some of the writers fanboism forces them to write in favor of their favourite brand no matter what. It would seem they don't understand their blindfolded in a sheep-pen and seem believe everything "their" brand do is the first ever to implement something - Completly brainwashed is a good choice of words no?

Status
Not open for further replies.