Antivirus Chromebook Softwate

Toa

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014
Now, yes, I understand that Chromebook is for the most part antivirus free being run mostly by web apps. But I know that it is indeed possible to obtain a Virus if you are not web-smart. I want to be extra careful and get some antivirus software for my Chromebook, but every time I Google "Antivirus for Chromebook" all that comes up is how Chromebooks are mostly anti-virus devices. I just want to know if there is something like I'm describing, or at the very least, something that can alert me when/if I have a virus/malware/trojan or any other thing you could think of.

Solution
You can't. You cannot install anything onto it as it is a locked down os, hence you don't need antivirus. Most viruses are built to taget windows which renders them mostly redundant on chrome os, don't worry about it

smackers_12

Honorable
Jul 4, 2013
You can't. You cannot install anything onto it as it is a locked down os, hence you don't need antivirus. Most viruses are built to taget windows which renders them mostly redundant on chrome os, don't worry about it

Solution

Toa

Honorable
Feb 2, 2014

Thanks, then. I just assumed there'd be an extension I guess.