Any Advice On How to Program Apps For the iOS via Xcode?

AgentLOL

Estimable
Nov 16, 2014
So, I just found out what programs are used to code iOS apps. I've downloaded it, but having no experience and being 13, I would like some help on how to program with it. I want to first make something simple, so give me instructions/help on how to use this.

Solution
You need to understand logic before syntax.

Logic is undertstanding how programming works. I would not jump into text-based coding right away. There is a lot more to programming than memorizing codes, it's all about efficiency and priblem solving. I highly recommend http://scratch.mit.edu as I said on the other thread. Hit Create at the top and instantly start making a 2D game in a drag-and-drop editor. I have been in the Scratch community for nearly 3 years and it has many highly experienced programmers as well as completely new programmers. If you make an account you can save your games online and share them to the public.

It may look childish but it's not. After you get the hang of logic, read up on the Swift programming...

turkey3_scratch

Estimable
Herald
Jul 15, 2014
You need to understand logic before syntax.

Logic is undertstanding how programming works. I would not jump into text-based coding right away. There is a lot more to programming than memorizing codes, it's all about efficiency and priblem solving. I highly recommend http://scratch.mit.edu as I said on the other thread. Hit Create at the top and instantly start making a 2D game in a drag-and-drop editor. I have been in the Scratch community for nearly 3 years and it has many highly experienced programmers as well as completely new programmers. If you make an account you can save your games online and share them to the public.

It may look childish but it's not. After you get the hang of logic, read up on the Swift programming language in books. But it's best to start with the basics, not jump right into app development.

Solution

Its_Byte_00

Honorable
Nov 15, 2013

well at least ya want to learn. there are some great you tube video guides out there and if you want to make 2d textures, Adobe FW and PH will work well. pm me if you need more help.