Any americans that can link me to a laptop store (I'm travelling to US from europe in couple of months)

D

Deleted member 1267329

Hello, I will be travelling to US in couple of months and want to know if you can tell me names of some laptop stores that sell gaming laptops, so I can buy a gaming laptop there because it's much cheaper than in europe.

Thanks

Solution

Personally, I would simply take the laptop out of the box, buy a relatively inexpensive computer bag for it and simply bring it on board the plane as a carry on. The natural assumption people will make is that you are simply returning home to your country with the laptop that you brought with you.

If you have a SD card / USB thumb drive, then transfer some movies, music, audiobooks, etc on to it and bring it with you when you come to the US. On the way home you can use the laptop for entertainment purposes. And don't forget headphones.

jaslion

Honorable
Dec 17, 2012

Do note that there is a chance you have to buy a new charger when you go back to Europe if it doesn't support the 220-240v that is common.

There are many chains, but not all chains have locations everywhere, Such a Frys Electronics and Microcenter are bog ones but not to be found everywhere.
Almost all chains electronic store have a store locator listing

Fry's http://www.frys.com/ac/storeinfo/storelocator?site=csfooter_H ( no locations in Miami, NY or St Louis)
Microcenter http://www.microcenter.com/site/stores/default.aspx Has locations in NY and St Louis nothing in Miami
Best buy is another chain you can take a look at http://www.bestbuy.com/site/store-locator enter Miami, New York or St-Louis to find them

good luck in your hunting for a new laptop.

PS: if you fail to report the laptop on your return to your European country you can be fined hundreds of dollars for illegal importation (improperly documented) and/or charged a import Tax going home. check regulations at your custom office.

D

Deleted member 1267329

thanks for the links dude!
How can I report the laptop on my return before I buy it? Sorry for asking, but Ive never been in the situation.

Personally, I would simply take the laptop out of the box, buy a relatively inexpensive computer bag for it and simply bring it on board the plane as a carry on. The natural assumption people will make is that you are simply returning home to your country with the laptop that you brought with you.

If you have a SD card / USB thumb drive, then transfer some movies, music, audiobooks, etc on to it and bring it with you when you come to the US. On the way home you can use the laptop for entertainment purposes. And don't forget headphones.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1267329

Good idea, thanks

Ryzenhasrisen

Prominent
May 30, 2017
If you can swing it I recently purchased some pets from microcenter in Yonkers, New York and I highly recommend it, its very nice and organized there, and has a pretty nice selection. Happy hunting!