Any app for call recording in Microsoft Lumia?

G

Hello,

There are many working apps for call recording on android smart phones, but cannot find such an app on Lumia,

So is there any call recording app or any procedure to do this on Microsoft smart phones?

rhapdog

Honorable
Jan 14, 2014
If you have the new Lumia 950, it comes enabled to record calls. Entering into phone settings, you would need to specify an app for recording calls. Since "Voice Recorder" comes pre-installed and does a very good job, that one is a good choice.

Call recording capability is built-into Windows 10 Mobile. However, the firmware and hardware must support it or you won't see this option in the settings. My Lumia 640, which is running Windows 10 Mobile, the same version as is currently on the Lumia 950, does not have the record option because of a hardware limitation.

Personally, whenever I speak to a Customer Service rep concerning a problem on an account I like to record that conversation. As long as you tell them you will be recording the conversation it isn't a legal issue. For example, I had an issue with a payment not being applied, yet I had the canceled check proving the payment was made. I recorded the conversation legally.

IMPORTANT: Check with your local laws to determine the legality of recording calls. In some places (depending on country/province, etc.) it is required that you obtain permission from every party that will be recorded. In other places, you only need consent of ONE person being recorded, and if you are part of that recording then the requirement is met. Recording calls across state or national lines goes into an entirely new set of laws that has to be considered. In most cases you are required to follow the laws of the country or state you are calling into, as opposed to your own country/state's law.