Any good phone to get for my needs?

grumps42

Honorable
Jun 18, 2013
I want to use it just to listen to music since my 80GB classic ipod died on me after 10 years of heavy use. I want to switch from Apple (I managed all my music with itunes) to Android. I was thinking on buying an ipod touch but figured I might as well get something that cost less than Apple and probably get more out of an Android.

I want a phone that has great battery life (for long use of music) that plays FLAC, WAV or M4A audio. Anything besides music specs doesn't bother me a bit. However, since its a phone I'd like apps, web browser or general games that won't lag (multitasking). I prefer something under $350. But if its a good phone I guess i'll consider something higher. For my needs, I don't think I need an overkill phone? Just something fast, lag free phone. With great playback music (Flac). Good storage options too! I stored 60 out of 80GB in my last ipod classic. So a 32-64GB space phone is good enough for me. Thanks for helping me out on picking an android! I'm having tough time picking the right one. With so many brands like One plus, Samsung, LG/ google etc. And the firmwares I think android 6.0 is latest? I read some phones stop getting updates (not sure). I'd like an OS with newest OS if possible or i'm OK with just an old OS but has good features (as stated above).

The very least I was eyeing the ASUS ZenFone 2 but not sure.

Solution
Really any of the top models will be fine, keep in mind that if you get a smartphone and don't have one now, you are looking at a bunch for either the phone with cheap service, or pricy service with a multi-year contact. Of course you can always go used.

Don't worry too much about storage, a phone with 16 gig or more onboard memory is good, you can use an SD card for the music files. Under 16 gig you will be running into app and general storage issues more and phones with that little storage also would be lower end.
Really any of the top models will be fine, keep in mind that if you get a smartphone and don't have one now, you are looking at a bunch for either the phone with cheap service, or pricy service with a multi-year contact. Of course you can always go used.

Don't worry too much about storage, a phone with 16 gig or more onboard memory is good, you can use an SD card for the music files. Under 16 gig you will be running into app and general storage issues more and phones with that little storage also would be lower end.

Solution