Any high performance touch screen laptops?

jivetalkorg

Honorable
Dec 5, 2012
Hey Guys :hello:
Christmas is right around the corner, so I am taking the opportunity to upgrade from a Macbook to a more powerful and portable Laptop.

I have been having a hard time finding a laptop that fits all of my needs. Perhaps someone can suggest a good laptop for me or provide a solution to my question at the bottom of this post.

--------------------------
My story/explanation:
---------------------------
As a graphic designer, I need the power to be able to easily and seamlessly run programs such as photoshop, in-design, flash, illustrator, etc. Also I need to be able to run high end video editing programs such as Sony Vegas for example.

I'm also a pretty frequent gamer so I'd prefer a laptop that can handle mid to high end games like diablo III as well.
And last but certainly not least, I'm a music producer as well, so I MUST HAVE a touchscreen so I can record live filtering.

--------------------
To sum it all up:
--------------------
[Basic Requirements for my Laptop: * = Deal-Breaker]

* My price range is $500-$1000 (I'm willing to pay a bit more if it means getting everything I need.)
Screen size should be between 13" and 16"
* Battery life must be at least 4 hours
* HDMI (or vga) Port *
* At least 2-3 USB Ports (having a usb 3.0 port is also much wanted)
* Touchscreen
At Least 200GB HD (Preferably SSD)
6 lbs. and under

[Processing/handling Requirements: * = Deal-Breaker]
* Gaming (This isn't an absolute deal breaker, but the laptop should be able to at least play mid level games)
* High End Video Editing
* Adobe suite products (photoshop, illustrator, in-design, etc.)
* Easily handle a DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) such as FL Studio
------------------------------------------------

Trying to find all of those features, while still remaining portable, good looking, and affordable has been almost impossible. :??:

I have found one laptop, however, the (almost) perfect laptop for myself after hours upon hours of looking and researching.
Here it is: http://www.amazon.com/N56VJ-DH71-15-6-Inch-Full-HD-1080P-Laptop/dp/B009M2X8OW/ref=amtcd_B007Z92SJU_B009M2X8OW

That laptop is perfect and can deliver everything I need after reading several reviews and looking over its spec sheet. The only thing is, IT DOESN'T HAVE A TOUCH SCREEN.

MY QUESTION IS, does anyone know of a laptop that has everything I am looking for? And also, how could I turn that laptop's screen into a touch screen? Is there a company out there that I could pay to turn it into one?

Labrynthian

Honorable
Oct 9, 2012
Hey, ok so first off, I think you're reaching with the whole touch screen laptops thing. As far as I know, there aren't many of those around, and if they were, they'd be WAY out of your budget. Secondly, the Asus you chose is pretty bad for the needs you've listed because it's running a 635M graphics card. This is a mid level class 2 graphics card and probably won't deliver the performance you're looking for. The best laptop in your budget is the Lenovo Ideapad Y580.
It comes with a 2GB NVIDIA GTX 660M card, which is a mid level class 1 graphics card, that is made to handle high levels of gaming and video/photo editing etc.

It's a 15.6 inch laptop with a 1920x1080 resolution. It has a 3rd gen core i7 processor and comes with 2GB RAM. The 2GB RAM is the problem, however you can upgrade to 8GB RAM, after which you should be fine. You will need at least 6GB RAM to handle your load. 8GB will be good.

Check the customizable options for your Hard Disk and RAM choices.

http://shop.lenovo.com/us/laptops/ideapad/y-series/y580#.UMAy-GdhPIU

roshanill

Honorable
Dec 6, 2012
Netbooks are great they're light, compact and cheap. Unfortunately, they're usually woefully underpowered. Toshiba's netbook bucks the trend by including AMD Fusion graphics, which mean it's capable of playing HD videos and photo editing. It's well designed, too, with nice speakers, a bright screen, and a tough, rubberised finish. The responsive keyboard and a large touchpad make it a pleasure to use. the battery lasts for an incredible 10 hours.