Any thoughts on the Eurocom M5 Pro? Killer 1525AC VS Intel AC 7265

Soheibooo

Estimable
Apr 26, 2015
Hi. I was looking for a good laptop for gaming (serious gaming) and for work (light enough for college) that is not bulky like the MSI GT72, hot and loud like the MSI Ghost or the Gigabyte p35xv3. I am residing in Canada and I'm not ready to pay 2000$ CAD. 1700$ CAD (near 1400$ USD) is nearly the max I can afford, except if there's a really better option available. I found the Eurocom M5 Pro and since the company offers a 10% discount for students, I can afford this gaming laptop. I gathered some infos after looking at some reviews.

Pros:

• ■ GTX 980m 4GB (really important for serious gaming and I need those CUDA cores :ange:)
    ■ Wonderful AH-IPS screen
    ■ Upgradable RAM memory up to 32GB (Starting at 8GB)
    Kind of slim chassis (28.8 mm height) and a professional look
    ■ Nice cooling system (copper heatsinks applid)
    ■ Quiet fans compared to other slim and slimmer gaming laptops
    ■ Lots of connection port - 2xmini DP, eSata, 3xUSB 3.0, SIM, SPD/IF, HDMI
    ■ Lots of storage - 2xSata and 2xM.2 ports
And all of this for only 1700$ CAD (with the student discount AND taxes).

There's also cons:

• ■ Weak speakers
    ■ 500GB HDD with the current configuration (why not 1TB??)
    ■ No OS (have to find elsewhere a Windows OS)
    ■ Minor CPU throttling
    ■ Less than 5 hours on battery under light load (obvious for a gaming laptop)
Unlike companies like XoticPc, Eurocom has bad ratings and I feel like choosing them is a risk. Anyway, those ratings are outdated since they're from 2008 and 2009. If anyone has advices on this purchase, please help me confirm that this laptop is worth the price tag.

ALSO (I need a ''solution'' here):
Connectivity is very important so if there's anyone here who knows which one is the best fitted for gaming purpose, help me :pt1cable:. Here's the choices with the M5 Pro (#1 comes with the current configuration):

■ 2-in-1; 802.11ac WLAN + Bluetooth 4.1; M.2; Killer 1525AC; 2x2; Qualcomm; M.2 2230
    ■ 2-in-1: 802.11a/c WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0; Intel Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265 (Stone Peak2); M.2 2230 [sub $30]
    ■ 2-in-1: 802.11b/g/n WLAN + Bluetooth 4.0 Combo; M.2 2230; Realtek RTL8723BE [sub $60]

Solution
Hello Soheibooo

Even though the overall rating that the laptop has received is 79% (which is considered below average), your selection is good and will definitely meet your needs because none of the users has given negative reviews about its performance.

About the 2-in1 wireless connectivity, unless there are other users using Wi-Fi on 5Ghz or frequency, your best bet would be to go for the 3rd option that uses 802.11b/g/n which is a currently used standard for Wi-Fi that uses the frequency of 2.4GHz. Since most Wi-Fi devices are 802.11b/g/n compliant, the 3rd option would be appropriate. If it is possible to get a dual-band device, i.e. that works on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, you can go for it as using it you would be able to connect...
Hello Soheibooo

Even though the overall rating that the laptop has received is 79% (which is considered below average), your selection is good and will definitely meet your needs because none of the users has given negative reviews about its performance.

About the 2-in1 wireless connectivity, unless there are other users using Wi-Fi on 5Ghz or frequency, your best bet would be to go for the 3rd option that uses 802.11b/g/n which is a currently used standard for Wi-Fi that uses the frequency of 2.4GHz. Since most Wi-Fi devices are 802.11b/g/n compliant, the 3rd option would be appropriate. If it is possible to get a dual-band device, i.e. that works on both 5GHz and 2.4GHz, you can go for it as using it you would be able to connect your laptop with the device(s) using either of the said frequencies.

Hope this helps.

Solution