Anyone familiar with Lansing VS2421 speakers?

MCHAWKING

Distinguished
Jul 27, 2008
Hi all

I'm thinking about buying these speakers, sicne they are pretty cheap and have gotten good reviews
http://www.impulsegamer.com/hardwarealteclansingvs2421speakers.html

However I have one question that I can't seem to find the answer to online. You will notice that the little remote controller that comes with the set has a place to plug your headphones in, which is nice b/c I switch between headphones and speakers a lot and it seems like it would be a lot more convenient then getting into the back of my comp everytime I need to switch audio devices. However, I also use the mic on my headphones, which has a seperate connector for the mic as most headsets do. Now the remote is advertised as having a built in "mic" but I doubt it would be as convenient as just using my headset mic. However If I was going to plug my headset into the remote, I don't know how I would plug in my microphone!

What I noticed is that the remote has an additional slot on the back labeled "mic out", so I thought maybe that's where you can plug in a mic, but shouldn't it be "mic in"? I have only ever seen mic in and I'm not sure if this mic out has something to do with the built in mic or not. Anyways, if anyone can clear up what exactly the mic out plug in the remote is that would be great, cuz I need to be able to use my mic at the same time I am using my headphones.

Thanks for your time.

G

I've got also a vs2421 altec lansing, I think (im not sure) the mic out is the output of the built-in mic in the remote, if you connect the mic out with mic in of pc with a male-male plug, you probably can use the built in mic. But you can't use it as mic in. So use the mic in at the back of ur pc.
Not 100% sure of this, hope this was useful.

nunnyrose

Distinguished
Jul 2, 2009
I've got also a vs2421 altec lansing, I think (im not sure) the mic out is the output of the built-in mic in the remote, if you connect the mic out with mic in of pc with a male-male plug, you probably can use the built in mic. But you can't use it as mic in. So use the mic in at the back of ur pc.
Not 100% sure of this, hope this was useful.

Correct - plug in male-male 3.5 mm (not included) to use the built in mic.

The cound quality is good - watch out for placement of any cordless or cell phones though due to interference