AOL Getting New Logos Made From Random Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
My parents still use AOL... I'm looking for an alternative for them. But living in the woods miles away from anyone hurts their chances of anything relating to high speed.

sykozis

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2008
AOL used to be good for an unlimited supply of cheap 3.5" floppies and custom "CD styled" drink coasters....but they're useless anymore. Not sure how TimeWarner allowed them to survive this long as a money pit....company hasn't turned a profit in nearly 10 years.

ssalim

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2007
AOL is not a key part of the internet. Not now, not ever. If you used AOL and pay $25 a month for a dial up, then you are either rich or stupid.

fortmccubble

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2009
[citation][nom]Tyellock[/nom]AOL was great back in the day, they kept supplying me with 3.5' floppy disks[/citation]

Those are some HUGE floppy disks.

joshthor

Distinguished
Oct 12, 2008
lol. those are aweful logos. did they get a 3 year old with a basic knowledge of paint to find stupid pictures and write aol on them?

fulle

Distinguished
May 31, 2008
Maybe I'm coming down with something, but the ugly logos actually make me physically ill when I look at them. Is "ugly AOL logos make me feel sick" a sign of H1N1?

tmike

Distinguished
Jul 25, 2006
[citation][nom]Tyellock[/nom]AOL was great back in the day, they kept supplying me with 3.5' [sic] floppy disks[citation]

Those 3.5' floppies were even worse than when they supplied it on a disk pack.

adamovera

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2008
Wow, did anyone at Wolff Olins ever take a marketing class? Recognizability and repetition are key. A constantly changing logo is tantamount to blasphemy to the basic principles of marketing and branding. Wow, someone really needs to grab the person making decisions for AOL (sorry, Aol) and shake them - Hard. Maybe slap them and pour cold water on them, too. I've never been a big AOL (oops, Aol)fan, but they're getting taken for such a ride on this it's just plain wrong. Wow, I mean just Wow! Wow.

The top three most recognizable, and therefore successful, logos on the planet haven't changed one iota in about 100 years: 1) Coca-Cola 2) Bayer 3) Jeep.

PS - Hey AOL (sry, Aol) drop these fools and pay me a fraction of what you're giving them to screw you, and I'll GIMP you a better logo within 24 hours. Wow.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I still use AOL mail. I converted from the pay service to just the free E-mail long ago as soon as it was available. I didn't see any difference. I still am able to sign using the AOL software to its service. I started using AOL in 1996 when it was still an hourly service, then about a year or so later it converted into unlimited access which I thought was the greatest thing ever, until I stopped having to pay for it, of course. lol. AOL went downhill the moment they stopped using the CAT. I use to chat A LOT on AOL. There are still chat rooms, but it's just completely full of spam and it's not regulated, AT ALL.

sunflier

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
"You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo". "You've got a new logo".

Status
Not open for further replies.