AOL Picks Up Google Reader's Slack with New Reader

Status
Not open for further replies.

GautamSampathkumar

Honorable
Apr 8, 2013
Checkout SwarmIQ. Similar functionality.
Features: The ability to skim large #s of headlines, organize lots
of feeds, label them, tag articles for later reading, fast unobtrusive
"no magazine layout".

Sign up at http://www.swarmiq.com/register/GOOGLEREADERISDEAD , click on the Google reader icon to get all your feeds, and get up and running straight away.

Disclosure: I'm on the team that built this site :) Also, we don't have "Google Alerts" type functionality yet.

pyro226

Distinguished
Sep 22, 2011
Anyone know of a good RSS reader with browser addon integration? I used a google reader extension that checked google reader each browser launch and displayed a blue button with the number of unread feeds on it. I need it to check RSS feeds at each launch of the browser. I haven't found anything yet.

lunix

Honorable
Feb 17, 2013
Yeah, AOL is still around, they just don't send gazillions of internet access CDs around any more. Now they own a bunch of sites and operate an ad network. Apparently they STILL make money from dial-up (yes, really), but that's not what they're about these days. I guess the reader fits in... watch for ad display on sites that are in their network. It could also be a great research tool for content trends...

danwat1234

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
I have an AOL mail account, it's not that bad. I always use the web interface and once a month or so I load up the behemoth that is AOL 9.1 and archive my emails offline.

Maria Phileas Fogg

Honorable
Jun 20, 2013
Another alternative worth noting is Noowit.com. Its based on AI and biology. Has the looks of clipboard and the brains to deliver the content that matters to you.

usherfeat1

Honorable
Jun 24, 2013
my classmate's mom makes $76 every hour on the laptop. She has been unemployed for 7 months but last month her pay check was $20300 just working on the laptop for a few hours. Read more on this site...www.Rush64.ℂℴm

xzvxzvwetwet

Honorable
Jun 26, 2013
~Oh,Unbelievable~~ My best friend Elena has just married to a cool black man. They fall in love through~~IntërracialFìshes. ℂoм ~This is a Specialized Online Interracial Dating Services. For black women meet white men, black men dating white women. Meet interracial singles living in your local area or in countries around the world. .)If you are single, try a try.rey

Status
Not open for further replies.