Aorus X3 @ $2,800 or Gigabyte P34Gv2 @ $2600.(NZD Prices)

msmoore66

Estimable
Jan 21, 2015
Aorus X3 @ $2,800 or Gigabyte P34Gv2 @ $2600.

(NZD Prices)

I have narrowed my choice down to 2 laptops now.

My priorities are Mobility, Ability to play latest MMO's RPGS and Sports titles smoothly, while also secondary use as a work laptop.

Heat is not really too much of a problem as I would only be playing games that are system intensive when at a desk.

Not too fussed about the RAM difference of the screen differences.

The Gigabyte would get an upgrade to the SSD size, but that is included int he cost estimation.

Thanks in advance for any help!

edgar_gonzalez

Estimable
Feb 3, 2015

I'm actually trying to buy the aorus x3 plus because it has the gtx 970m, which is in 2.900 if you are going for the x3 you should go for the plus one because it has better screen, a better gpu so it can play the latest Fps games, and you dont even need to care about the heat because its pretty cool, you can upgrade to get I believe two or three ssd's of 512Gb as max.
The screen is a QHD+ Display: Ultra-high 3200 x 1800 res. so at working you are getting a pretty sharp image, at gaming you can get reasonable fps at 3200 x 1800 with regular graphics detail but if you want it smoother you can get around 60 or more fps at 1080p. and yes it's the same size of the x3 so you're still getting a good mobility.
I would go for the x3 in my opinion, if you have the money you should go for the x3 plus v3, but if you aren't interested in games like farcry at max resolution you should go for the gigabyte one (I know its the same brand), the three of them have good quality, but the gigabyte one has better speakers.
i'm a hardcore gamer but it depends on the money you have and what you want, hardcore gamer and work, aorus x3 plus v3 or the regular x3 version, not that in to games but still want decent fps and good for work but cheaper the gigabyte.
But if you have the money you should totally go for the x3 plus v3 because it can even play games like League of Legends or Dota or Total Wars at 3k in ultra graphics options and is a pretty fast device at the time of the startup or working or even transfering large ammount of data or looking for it.
Sorry if my English is not the best one.
It's my opinion.
It's way better than the Razer Blade for its price, except for the touchscreen.
the only con I can find on it is that its a bit noisy at full power, but the vents are on the back so they wont bother you that much.