TheHazzaaHD

Estimable
May 14, 2014
Hi,

So what Laptop should I choose out of the two?

Before you say, "Why don't you just build a desktop PC that's x10 better?". Well I already have a desktop PC, that runs all of the games that I play at the moment smoothly.

So I am looking for a portable yet super powerful Laptop, that I can also do work on, but don't know which to choose :p

Thanks.

LINKS:

Aorus - http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=LT-004-AU
MSI - http://www.scan.co.uk/products/156-msi-gs60-2qe(ghost-pro-3k-ips)-017uki7-4710hq16gb128gb-ssdplus1tb-hddgtx-970m-3gb-win-81

Solution
I would go with Aorus because running a 3k IPS screen is quite taxing for gaming with a GTX 970m.
The Aorus may be only 1080p but you will get a longer lifespan with the dual SLI GTX 970M.
The Aorus will be better since it has better specs (the two GTX 970M).
If you not looking for gaming then the MSI will be fine with the better screen.

Suztera

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
I would go with Aorus because running a 3k IPS screen is quite taxing for gaming with a GTX 970m.
The Aorus may be only 1080p but you will get a longer lifespan with the dual SLI GTX 970M.
The Aorus will be better since it has better specs (the two GTX 970M).
If you not looking for gaming then the MSI will be fine with the better screen.

Solution

blcskate

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
If your not going to use it for work then the Aorus plain and simple. However, I highly recommend not taking it to a client site and sitting in a conference room with it. That puppy can make some serious noise. The GS60 isn't the best for this either, but handily is better than the Aorus under light usage. If you want something quite and fast look at the Sager 8651. It is a bit thicker but still under an inch. The nice thing about this in between size is you get better cooling at a small sacrifice. The super thin models all suffer heavily with heat and noise issues. The super thick ones are ugly and look horrible in a work setting. Its a fine line for business gamers.