APK Crashes "Unfortunately "APPNAME" has stopped"

Asker1

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014
Hi everyone,

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 (GT I9505) running Android 4.3.

I recently wanted to install an .apk file onto my phone and looked up the several methods. I have tried many methods but all of them lead to the same problem. :(

The .apk installs ok and launches fine but about 2 seconds after launching, crashes and says "unfortunately (app name) has stopped working". This is happening for any .apk file and with all the methods.

Is there something basic that I'm missing out here (eg. settings on my s4 etc...)???

Thanks so much for your help.

Beezy

Honorable
Nov 4, 2013
apk might not be compatible with that version of android. turn off secure sources from the settings (so you can install any apk) and disable or "Freeze" any package verifiers if you have them enabled. You might want to try the XDA devs forum

Asker1

Estimable
Mar 18, 2014

Nope Thats not the problem. The problem is not with the installing, it is with it being unabled to open after installing. Can i add; i used to use the particular application too and it just stopped letting me open without me updating it or reinstalling it

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1
L Cell Phone General Discussion 1
D Cell Phone General Discussion 1
H Cell Phone General Discussion 1
C Cell Phone General Discussion 1
M Cell Phone General Discussion 1
T Cell Phone General Discussion 2
I Cell Phone General Discussion 1
A Cell Phone General Discussion 1
A Cell Phone General Discussion 1
N Cell Phone General Discussion 1