Question App for automatically clicking links in emails (or not)

May 17, 2019
Hello, I need help for what I thought a very simple task but apparently is not: I’m a freelancer and I frequently have to confirm my availability by clicking on a link in the emails coming from a certain domain. Since I live in a different country from my employers, these emails usually come at night, when I’m not able to confirm that I’m available even if I am.
Is there a simple way to do that – automatically clicking on the link upon the email’s reception –in Gmail or Outlook (and obviously to de-activate the thing when I’m really not available)?
Thanks in advance.

No you can't do this, since you first need to open the email, then find location of the link to click. Simply setting up a cursor in a certain spot and then clicking is not too hard (move cursor to pixel 450x700 and click button, easy to do in a script or macro). But to know a new email came in, then going to open that email, then finding the link location and clicking that, is too advanced without a huge amount of custom code.

Talk to the company and see if there is another way you can acknowledge you can do a project or job for them withing a specific time limit if that is the case.

Last edited:
May 17, 2019
Hello, I am already doing it trhough iMacros:

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TITLE ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 999999
TAG XPATH="//title[not(text()='{{!EXTRACT}}')]"
' here follow instructions to go to website etc.

Unfortunately this is very generic and is triggered by each email message, not just that specific customer. I've tried to bind it to specific words like "Project" or "Request" but since I'm using my work address practically all messages contain those words, so I should need to have it triggered only by emails sent by a specific domain. Or I should have an error instruction that resets it if the triggering email is the wrong one: I know this seems easy enough but I'm an absolute beginner. Any ideas? Thanks.

Hello, I am already doing it trhough iMacros:

SET !EXTRACT_TEST_POPUP NO
TAG POS=1 TYPE=TITLE ATTR=* EXTRACT=TXT
SET !TIMEOUT_STEP 999999
TAG XPATH="//title[not(text()='{{!EXTRACT}}')]"
' here follow instructions to go to website etc.

Unfortunately this is very generic and is triggered by each email message, not just that specific customer. I've tried to bind it to specific words like "Project" or "Request" but since I'm using my work address practically all messages contain those words, so I should need to have it triggered only by emails sent by a specific domain. Or I should have an error instruction that resets it if the triggering email is the wrong one: I know this seems easy enough but I'm an absolute beginner. Any ideas? Thanks.

This is running against what? What if you set a rule to move any incoming messages from a domain to another inbox folder? Then this script should act on only the remaining items, which would be what you needed.