Solved! I want laptop to forget WiFi password from log in screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 2, 2020
Good morning!

I have brought a laptop home from work (windows 10 I think, Lenovo) as I’m self isolating. I tried to log in and couldn’t so I connected to my home WiFi in the normal way and still couldn’t connect. I get this error:

“we can’t sign you in with this credential because your domain isn’t available. Make sure your device is connected to your organisations network and try again. If you previously signed in on this device with another credential, you can sign in with that credential.”

Ive not signed in on it before, it’s the first time I’ve had it.

I did have another laptop with the same problem, but someone at work said it was to do with proxy settings. They set me up on this one at work and said it should work now.

After being unable to log in I googled how to sign in to WPS as it says underneath my log in section “Sign in to:WPS”

The guide I saw said DON’T enter your WiFi password when connecting to WiFi and that I should press the button on my router instead. Unfortunately I’d already put the password in and now that I can’t log in I can’t get the laptop to forget said password.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do please? I’ve asked for IT support at work but obviously things are a bit crazy at the moment and it could take a while. Meanwhile I usually work in a school when I’m not isolating so I have things to be getting on with.

Thank you

Last edited:
Solution
The error is because the laptop is configured on a domain and it trying to use your domain account. Contact your company's IT people they are the only ones that can tell you how to logon. Has nothing to do with the WiFi connection. If you never signed on to the laptop you will need to either head into the office and use a wired connection to load your network account on it or they need to give you a local account you can use. A domain logon has to be cached on the local laptop before you can logon to it off-site.
The error is because the laptop is configured on a domain and it trying to use your domain account. Contact your company's IT people they are the only ones that can tell you how to logon. Has nothing to do with the WiFi connection. If you never signed on to the laptop you will need to either head into the office and use a wired connection to load your network account on it or they need to give you a local account you can use. A domain logon has to be cached on the local laptop before you can logon to it off-site.

Last edited:
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.