Apple Accused of Altering Galaxy Tab Image for Lawsuit

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bustapr

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2009
[citation][nom]cmcghee358[/nom]If you actually read the article you'd know that the judge physically inspected each of the tablets.[/citation]
lol mustve skipped that sentence, still if they inspected it why would they pass the injunction? either the judge never actually inspected the tabs and skimmed through the pages, or there was a check under the table. the court should be invetigated because either way the court either caused millions in losses to samsumg negligently, or the court judges are corrupt.

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
Here we go jumping the gun. Wait until it all plays out to judge the company. Totally unfair. I am by no means an Apple junkie. I've said it before, I don't own any Apple products but putting your foot in your mouth is just plain idiotic. What kind of "court system" would use an JUST AN IMAGE to come to a verdict? No way in hell. If they did, then they should be dismantled.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
[citation][nom]SapienChavez[/nom]please stop referring to apple HQ as "cupertino"there are a lot of good people in Cupertino that may not want that association[/citation]

Then the residents should petition their politicians to get apple kicked out since its hurting their reputation =)

gorehound

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2009
Apple should be sued by Samsung for all the agravation and money they have cost them.Apple stoops to a new low by altering images.I now make sure to boycott this scumbag company.

torque79

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I said it before in a similar news post and I'll say it again. Why can you sue someone for making a product that looks similar at all? Why are'nt all toilet makers suing eachother, or basketball net manufacturers, or milk companies? They all superficially look the same, it's only minor alterations in logo, text font, colors that differentiates them. Why is that acceptable in everything else except technology??

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]torque79[/nom]I said it before in a similar news post and I'll say it again. Why can you sue someone for making a product that looks similar at all? Why are'nt all toilet makers suing eachother, or basketball net manufacturers, or milk companies? They all superficially look the same, it's only minor alterations in logo, text font, colors that differentiates them. Why is that acceptable in everything else except technology??[/citation]
Because of life of the patent. I am pretty sure that there would be suits if somebody invented particular toilet style and somebody else start copying it

G

If the glove don't fit, you must Acquit!

This evidence should be brought by Samsung, so the judge can throw Apple under the bus.

selloutjoe

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
"If you actually read the article you'd know that the judge physically inspected each of the tablets."

Actually Samsung did not get a change to present any debate or argument or evident before the Judge issued the injunction. There is no proof that the judge actually physically handled and used the Samsung 10.1" product, ever! Apple only presented a paper argument, stressing that time was critical, in stopping the sale of this product. If he had actually see both products side by side, he would have had serious issues with Apple for presenting "fraudulent" images in their argument, a simple fact that all judges would find unacceptable.

selloutjoe

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2009
"If you actually read the article you'd know that the judge physically inspected each of the tablets."

Actually Samsung did not get a change to present any debate or argument or evident before the Judge issued the injunction. There is no proof that the judge actually physically handled and used the Samsung 10.1" product, ever! Apple only presented a paper argument, stressing that time was critical, in stopping the sale of this product. If he had actually see both products side by side, he would have had serious issues with Apple for presenting "fraudulent" images in their argument, a simple fact that all judges would find unacceptable.

anti-painkilla

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2011
[citation][nom]MrBig55[/nom]Anyone wanna put explosives in Apple stores?? Now is the time to do so...[/citation]

That does the wrong thing. We can be a lot more creative than that. Let pigs loose in apple HQ. Give jobs a custom number plate. Email him, politely asking him to stop being a douche.

gidgiddonihah

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2009
Knowing Apple, they will lie about it, then sue Samsung because Apple lied. Apple, seriously, if your products are 'Magical and revolutionary' then stop suing any product that grosses more than 500$.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
Still, Apple is only doing this because they are afraid of the Galaxy lineup. They know the hardware and such are better and will take sales.

But suing based on the way it looks? All tablets look pretty much the same.

And if that judge visually inspected it, he should have said who gives a flying crap.

Apple. Always finding a way to stifle innovation.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
This might be of something but still, again is ideas of probably if any came first to say the other ripped off, or just the idea of that both made products of the same kind of interest.

Ripping off probably fits better to say or "copying"

Some thoughts of well this design is nice, might be that of many interests, but seems to take time to come to either for either. I haven;t been say keeping up with news much really, even though i've been commenting and posting alot. But is from usually a "retail" consumer release perspective.

Otherwise all is enquire/inquire??

Toilet paper goes buy brand images/logo that cover the whole thing. And usually detailed for what it is too.

Electronics can only vary by the small name or logo and version/series numbers sometimes. Some electronics carry say signature designs for some of their releases, but doesn't last long. Some carry some ideas of colors, but things like black/silver/whites kinda have limited usuages sometimes. Maybe Grays. Brown used to be useful cause i think of like console TVs and entertainment stands. But those are kinda more compact and not as detailed. Anything can kinda fit and work and be blendy.

Most people just probably buy whatever is able to be bought so, the ideas are basically completely out the door, but still.

Either be something of is, as said of is or isn't right? Maybe something inbetween. Rather they recall some , Idk. Maybe not of release yet either.

Status
Not open for further replies.