Apple Already Has an Answer for Galaxy S10’s Best Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 16, 2018
This is a joke! and will not undermine the tech on the samsung apple still behind and always catching up as other innovate. Making a newer version of something another brand already does makes no sense. I am a samsung user and IT background of over 17 years, features on the iphone vs galaxy models are always behind by a couple of years this goes unnoticed due to apple's stronger marketing campaigns over what they have atm, apple spends more money on market than tech.

bobdupuu

Estimable
Jul 7, 2018
Somebody please tell me what is wrong with the finger ID on the back of the Android phones. Apple could never get their front fingerprint home button to work very well, so they declared that we need facial recognition, which is awkward. so now they (and Samsung) say we need an in-screen fingerprint sensor, which does not take up any real estate on the screen. Guess what. The Android rear fingerprint sensor never has taken up any screen real estate and it works and it is a more natural location for one-handed operation.

darkomaledictus

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
Lol at those instant message update: "This is terrible for Samsung"... yesterday "This is terrible for Apple". Stop with the sensationalism or I'm just going to unsubscribe. You guys are sounding like Spam more than anything lately...

darkomaledictus

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
@BOBDUPUU, correct, back fingerprint works like a charm. No idea why you would rather use your face than just picking up the handset and sliding your finger on the back. Front fingerprint reader via camera sounds like more battery usage and also more of a problem to swipe.

They are are starting to really lack new ideas to sell these phones...

Jul 30, 2018
@ LUISALMEIDAIT.

Apple is not behind Samsung (this is a simplistic, unproven claim), and this misses the core point that Apple has invented the smartphone, copied by everyone else including Samsung. What device has Samsung invented?

Going back to this article, where have you seen that Samsung has a fingerprint scan below the screen? This is non-sense.

This technology does not exist (obviously for everyone but you)...

bobdupuu

Estimable
Jul 7, 2018
@@ LUISALMEIDAIT Once upon a time there was a fellow named Steve Jobs; he was the genius behind nesarly all of Apple's innovations. We all hold him in our debt. However, Steve is gone and not coming back and no creative genius has emerged at Apple to continue what he started. I don't know who created the mobile phone camera, but the $1,000 iPhone X really sucks compared with Google Pixel 2XL and the Samsung 9+. And yet Apple spends more time futsing around with its fingerprint reader and what the new color selections are going to be. But what does it matter. There will always be enough sheep to buy whatever Apple thinks is best for us.

Aug 16, 2018
Can you tell me if I should be seeing my actual phone home screen on the car's LCD screen? I don't think so, but the guy at the dealership made me think I should.

Jul 30, 2018
@ BOBDUPUU

The Google Pixel 2 XL has several serious issues, including very slow performance after many months of usage. Besides, Google only guarantees three years of OS and security update, much less than Apple and what users should expect given the high price tag.

Jul 30, 2018
@ BOBDUPUU
" The Android rear fingerprint sensor never has taken up any screen real estate and it works and it is a more natural location"

A rear located sensor is not ergonomic: how can you activate when your phone is on a surface? Also, with the sensor at the back and out of sight, how can you easily and quickly locate it and use it? Impossible.

And why has Samsung and others added facial recognition in a addition to the fingerprint sensor?

This clearly proves that a rear facing sensor is not a satisfactory solution. It is on the back only because of compromises and a lack of better technological alternative.

That's why all such sensors should be on the front, ideally behind the screen.

Korey_4

Commendable
Jun 9, 2017
TX517 Apple didn't invent the smart phone, they didn't even invent the first capacitative touchscreen phone! It was several months behind at least two known other phones.

Likewise, if you did any research, which clearly you don't, you would know there are multiple phones on the market, and have been for months, that have in-screen fingerprint sensors. There are at least 5 I know of, and more are on the way. The OnePlus 6T (which will be carried by T-Mobile) is supposed to have it also. The difference is the tech that Samsung uses is more advanced than the others on the market right now.

Korey_4

Commendable
Jun 9, 2017
"TX517 18 days ago
@ BOBDUPUU

The Google Pixel 2 XL has several serious issues, including very slow performance after many months of usage. Besides, Google only guarantees three years of OS and security update, much less than Apple and what users should expect given the high price tag."

You mean like how for $800-$1000, iPhone users should have expected wireless charging for the last 3-4 years, IP68 rating instead of IP67, maybe even a fast charger out of the box, instead of paying $50 for one after the fact? I had three iPhones 6S+ in less than a THREE MONTH PERIOD due to manufacturing issues. What good are updates for 5 years, if it throttles the performance after 2-3? Likewise, you can tell you would never own a Pixel 2XL, as you are an Apple fan boy, you're just spouting off crap you don't know anything about.

Colif

Distinguished
Since S10 isn't out yet, how does Apple know its idea will be exactly same or better than the S10? its all rumours and until i see some benchmarks or reviews of the S10, its all just speculation.

More interested in the bendy screens Samsung are working on than where the finger print scanner is. Still using an S7 edge as I like where its scanner is

Jul 30, 2018

Jul 30, 2018
Of course Apple invented the smartphone, with the iPhone. Very tellingly, while you claim it is not the case, you give zero specifics (no brand, no model name, no release date, nothing that can be remotely verified).

From someone who brags about doing research, your complete lack of any tangible, precise reference is baffling. You clearly don't know what doing research means...

"have in-screen fingerprint sensors" etc.

Once again, you claim you know at least 5 models, but you do not list them. Always vague and useless...

Plus, think a little: if this was possible, why has Samsung put a sensor on the back of its smartphones? Why Apple resorted to the Face ID?

The One Plus 6T is months from being announced and such spec is pure speculation. Your argument is pretty weak, don't you realize it?

Next time, you should try to be a little bit more modest, especially since you give only vague, useless items, and think a little.

Status
Not open for further replies.