Apple Analysts Letdown: There is No Low-End iPhone

Page 3 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eddieroolz

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2008
Well I'm more miffed at Apple's decision to keep the 3GS line alive. By the time the 2-year contract is over, it will be a 4-year old phone. Aside from problems it will cause users for being slow, it's going to be a nightmare for Apple as their platform will fragment a lot more than had they simply kept the 4 and 4S, cutting the 3GS loose after iOS5.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
If I have $500-600 to buy a phone, I'll split 3 times to buy a $200 phone and change every 2 years. 6 years from now. a $200 phone can easilly beat ur whatever $600 phone.

halcyon

Distinguished
Dec 4, 2004
[citation][nom]eddieroolz[/nom]Well I'm more miffed at Apple's decision to keep the 3GS line alive. By the time the 2-year contract is over, it will be a 4-year old phone. Aside from problems it will cause users for being slow, it's going to be a nightmare for Apple as their platform will fragment a lot more than had they simply kept the 4 and 4S, cutting the 3GS loose after iOS5.[/citation]

Why are you miffed? Is Apple's keeping the 3GS alive somehow hurtful to you?

The 3GS may be free with that 2-year contract but the data plans still bend you over. "Free" (not really, you're definitely paying for it). I'd love for my mom to get an iPhone but that dumb high-priced data plan is a big STOP sign.

scuba dave

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2009
[citation][nom]watcha[/nom]1 - Whatever the reasons, doesn't change the profit figure.2 - Your silly, silly claims about it being tech-illiterate people who buy the fastest mobile phone on the market right now, could not be more wrong. The iPhone demographic is largely successful, college graduates, with a high income, on average 31 year old male. http://thereisnobox.wordpress.com/ [...] he-source/And there's good reason too. Some people don't need something to be 'difficult to use' to see how powerful it is. The fact that anybody could operate their phone doesn't send them into a spiralling tearful mess because they are more secure than that. They appreciate the extra features that only the iPhone can offer such as the fastest GPU in ANY phone, full stop, plus great battery life, fantastic manufacturer reputation (top of all satisfaction polls), and all in a slim attractive package. It's just basic logic.3 - The only 'boasting' which goes on here is people who slag off the people who buy iPhones and try to big up their Android devices and have a seriously geeky issue of 'hating' Apple. It's pretty pathetic really.[/citation]

Bravo, good Sir. :p +1

Status
Not open for further replies.