Apple Approves/Disapproves Baby Shaking iPhone App

Status
Not open for further replies.

stryk55

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
A big blunder for Apple to let this get through...Hopefully they will be a bit more thourogh when considering apps for the iPhone...

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
Am I the only one to had a small chuckle at the description? Red X's over the eyes? A different crying sound each time? It made me laugh, but maybe because I already know that shaking babies is obviously bad.

It's one of those, "lol... did I just hear them right??"

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
So people are capable of realizing the difference between video games and real life in terms of hard drugs, high violence and harsh language, but not when babies are involved?

skine

Distinguished
Feb 25, 2009
On second thought, I can see this app being useful when playing Yoshi's island (damn you crying baby Mario!).

gm0n3y

Distinguished
Mar 13, 2006
I actually think this is really funny. People just need to lighten up and realize its a joke. If you don't like it, don't download it.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
Video games allow us to explore and do things not normally acceptable or possible. I've done things in games I'd NEVER do in real life. So when something like this comes along as sickening as I think it is, it's still just a game. That said I'd have no interest in doing a shaking baby app, or a holocaust simulator. It's just bad taste and makes light of a horrible thing.

This brings me back to my feelings about the freedom of speech. You may have the freedom to say something, but should you? I just feel like sometimes people just go too far.

AdamB5000

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2006
[citation][nom]tenor77[/nom]This brings me back to my feelings about the freedom of speech. You may have the freedom to say something, but should you? I just feel like sometimes people just go too far.[/citation]

I don't see the 1st Amendment being overturned - nor should it. That's what makes our country so great. I won't get beheaded for saying that our leaders in Washington are greedy pigs.

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]AdamB5000[/nom]I don't see the 1st Amendment being overturned - nor should it. That's what makes our country so great. I won't get beheaded for saying that our leaders in Washington are greedy pigs.[/citation]

That's my point. We have the freedom of speech just for this reason. To protect us from oppression. It's just been turned into an excuse to say or do anything without merit behind it. Sure they have the right to do so, but I feel like it's abused sometimes, or at the very least taken for granted.

evilshuriken

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2006
I thought this was pretty amusing, I don't even consider it "sickening" like some of you say you do. It's obviously a joke, one that happens to exist within a video game, it's funny, laugh. Why must people be so sensitive about silly things like this?

tenor77

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]Evilshuriken[/nom]I thought this was pretty amusing, I don't even consider it "sickening" like some of you say you do. It's obviously a joke, one that happens to exist within a video game, it's funny, laugh. Why must people be so sensitive about silly things like this?[/citation]

I'm not up in arms but if you've ever seen a shaken baby you'd be sick to your stomach.

reininop

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2006
It's in ill taste to say the least. And even in our hyper-violent society, killing babies is still considered despicable by almost everyone and no one considers it "fun". It's perverse at best.
Some things are off limits to mainstream companies and it's just surprising Apple would allow this through.

Status
Not open for further replies.