Apple Attempts to Step Ontop of Win 7 on Google

Status
Not open for further replies.

NegativeX

Distinguished
Sep 4, 2008
I love how their stupid Mac vs PC commercial states, "since you're moving everything, might as well switch to a Mac."

Right, like taking 10 minutes to upgrade to Windows 7 (thus moving nothing) is more efficient then spending over a grand on a whole nother' computer, then spending more time learning a whole new OS and hours upon hours migrating your files.

Their ads aren't even remotely accurate, factual or funny anymore.

In fact, their Mac vs PC ads are so irritating, I refuse to buy any product that Apple/Mac sells, ever again.

I know I'm not alone in this...

I'm curious how many sales they potentially have lost, due to their Mac vs. PC stereotyping commercial?

Honis

Distinguished
Mar 16, 2009
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]I know I'm not alone in this...I'm curious how many sales they potentially have lost, due to their Mac vs. PC stereotyping commercial?[/citation]At least 3 mp3 players and a phones worth from me.

Seems Microsoft has nipped this one in the butt. I only get Microsoft and Newegg links with various combination's of Windows, 7, upgrade, download, etc.

talys

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2009
This makes as much sense as a Blackberry ad for the search phrase "iPhone".

Besides, most people who Google "Windows 7 download" probably want Win 7 FREE (ie: pirated software).

smlong

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2006
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]In fact, their Mac vs PC ads are so irritating, I refuse to buy any product that Apple/Mac sells, ever again.I know I'm not alone in this...I'm curious how many sales they potentially have lost, due to their Mac vs. PC stereotyping commercial?[/citation]
Nope... you're not alone.

Impulse Fire911

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2009
i actually looked at that link from apple and their description is about as pathetic as a blind man playing hopscotch. they say the yhave the latest intel processors and graphics when all they have is core 2 duo's a 9500 gt's. yeah latest '06 processors and grafix...MAYBE

fatedtodie

Distinguished
Feb 5, 2007
I don't fault any advertiser as long as they don't resort to what AOL did in the 90s by bundling their "free AOL" trial CDs with... Kraft cheese. Until Apple sinks that low I allow them whatever dumb ideas they want to sell their product.

PodSix

Distinguished
Oct 21, 2009
[citation][nom]fatedtodie[/nom]I don't fault any advertiser as long as they don't resort to what AOL did in the 90s by bundling their "free AOL" trial CDs with... Kraft cheese. Until Apple sinks that low I allow them whatever dumb ideas they want to sell their product.[/citation]

reminds me of Chex Quest!

Status
Not open for further replies.