Apple Attempts to Step Ontop of Win 7 on Google

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Guide community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gregor

Distinguished
Sep 20, 2004
[citation][nom]NegativeX[/nom]I love how their stupid Mac vs PC commercial states, "since you're moving everything, might as well switch to a Mac."Right, like taking 10 minutes to upgrade to Windows 7 (thus moving nothing) is more efficient then spending over a grand on a whole nother' computer, then spending more time learning a whole new OS and hours upon hours migrating your files.[/citation]
Yes, pretty retarded if you ask me.

Might have been worth thinking about if Apple were to release a version of OSX that ran on normal PC's (without all the hassle involved with hackintosh I mean). I wonder whether Apple would make more money that way, and maybe gain a bigger market share?

Hitokage

Distinguished
Jun 10, 2008
[citation][nom]podsix[/nom]reminds me of Chex Quest![/citation]

Chex Quest was awesome, I still have that CD around here somewhere...

Ransom22

Distinguished
Sep 1, 2009
I just tried both searches and got the Apple link both times. Personally I'm pumped about this and the fact that Win7 market share has almost matched OS X already. Keep up the competition boys.

cknobman

Distinguished
May 2, 2006
Much like Geico I wont buy any Apple product ever for any reason because of their stupid idiotic overbearing commercials.

I was given a mac g5 and while it had some interesting features the overall experience on it was underwhelming to say the least and the OS really didnt do "all that" either.

So I gave my mac to someone else.

redraider89

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2009
The ad came up for me and on the Apple web page it says:

"Only the world’s most advanced operating system"

What a joke! They didn't even develop it but are only putting pretty colors and graphics on an already existing UNIX O/S.

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
When will one day all of us diehard Tom's Hardware users get together and respond to all these Apple news threads with Microsoft Windows 7 rants? :)

Oh sorry but I can not build an Apple system because they make it "proprietary" although it is a PC and one could deem it Wintel if they install a microsoft o/s on it >:)

Steve Wosniak even dislikes the fact that apple uses intel microprocessors now. lol

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
This is the same lame tactic they use on all their stupid ads with the baby music on the background.

It's the constant negative ad campaigns you see with politics which I have the same attituted for. Don't pay attention because half the time you might drown in the bullshit.

As other people are saying who want's to spend a thousand plus dollars on proprietary hardware when you can pay less than 200 dollards, basically already know the operating system and you can plug whatever you want in it because there is always a driver for it, sorry Mac I'll stay with an operating system that doesn't hinder me.

tester24

Distinguished
Jan 22, 2009
[citation][nom]rooket[/nom]Steve Wosniak even dislikes the fact that apple uses intel microprocessors now. lol[/citation]

The funny thing about that is without the Intel Processors their hardware would be a decade behind. But even their video hardware and hard disks are still out of date. Only 1 TB!? and they want 300 bucks more for it when you can buy it for just over $100 on newegg... and they say there isn't an apple tax.

livin4noone

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
[citation][nom]badaxe2[/nom]Microsoft needs a commercial that will shut up those annoying Mac ads with the baby music once and for all.[/citation]

That's the funny part.
Microsoft doesn't HAVE to make a commercial to target Apple.
Apple makes these anti-microsoft commercials where they literally don't say anything about what supposedly makes their product better, and spend the whole time bashing the competition with outdated or plain incorrect "facts".
Microsoft doesn't have to do anything, they can just sit back and watch Apple make a complete ass of itself trying to scramble to compete.

mcreskiller

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
[citation][nom]livin4noone[/nom]That's the funny part.Microsoft doesn't HAVE to make a commercial to target Apple.Apple makes these anti-microsoft commercials where they literally don't say anything about what supposedly makes their product better, and spend the whole time bashing the competition with outdated or plain incorrect "facts".Microsoft doesn't have to do anything, they can just sit back and watch Apple make a complete ass of itself trying to scramble to compete.[/citation]
Truer words never spoken.. look at all the anti microsoft ads microsoft makes a perfect true ad on tv (windows 7 being are idea which it was) well apple keeps telling lies :p

mcreskiller

Distinguished
Jun 25, 2009
[citation][nom]tester24[/nom]This is the same lame tactic they use on all their stupid ads with the baby music on the background.It's the constant negative ad campaigns you see with politics which I have the same attituted for. Don't pay attention because half the time you might drown in the bullshit.As other people are saying who want's to spend a thousand plus dollars on proprietary hardware when you can pay less than 200 dollards, basically already know the operating system and you can plug whatever you want in it because there is always a driver for it, sorry Mac I'll stay with an operating system that doesn't hinder me.[/citation]
Amen apple sucks lol they only work on what 30 sets of hardware tops? windows works on millions 99 percent of the time with no major problems something mac can only dream off and we are not babyed we have full acess to stuff mac can only dream of i love windows for that

Status
Not open for further replies.