Apple Bans Android Magazine From App Store

Status
Not open for further replies.

phate

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Apple locks down there software/hardware and doesn't play well with others???!!??
The like to keep a draconian lid on their ecosystem?

This is news to me!

tpi2007

Distinguished
Dec 11, 2006
"Has Apple crossed the line? Has Apple censorship violated freedom of speech (press)?"

They do it everyday; it a philosophy Steve carries in his head.

Of course they crossed the line, but I would just suggest they do a website; Steve still can't control what sites people read. When that day comes, Tom's must publish EVEN MORE articles about Apple than they do now in order to get Steve's seal of iApproval ;)

animehair

Distinguished
Apr 16, 2008
Ive never bought a single apple product because of this exact type of philosopy which manifests itself across all their products in one form or another...

the_krasno

Distinguished
Sep 29, 2009
[citation][nom]Netherscourge[/nom]It's called business.You expect Microsoft to allow Playstation 3 advertising on it's Xbox Live service? Of course not.[/citation]

It's called bad business. Money is money.

Miharu

Distinguished
Jun 14, 2007
For me, Apple cross the line long time ago.

Your iPhone could be cool but the company who make it are more EVIL than any histories that you hear before about Micro$oft.

This just point about the "thinkness" of the company called Apple.
I'm pretty sure there is no rule who don't allow magazine about Android, so why is banned ?
I see just one thing... "No auto-glorification of the saint-Apple".

Apple fanboy call me "Hater"? why? Because I don't like the saint-Apple like them.
I don't like Apple... not their gadgets... but the company.
I don't feel like be a "Hater" for that.

But, I finally know how to call people who call me Hater... I'll call them "Fascism".
Fascism is a radical and authoritarian nationalist political ideology. Fascists seek to organize a nation according to corporatist perspectives, values, and systems, including the political system and the economy.
(thank wikipedia)

qu3becker

Distinguished
Mar 18, 2010
Breaking News:
Apple Bans the Bible Apps. The Apple executive hesitantly responded. "You know... your Apps... it's just about Catholicism.... we can't have that in our App Store. We instead have our own version that is about Steve Jobs who is the real god"

randomizer

Distinguished
Apple owns the App Store, they have every right to control the content on it. Do I think they should have banned this publication? No, of course not, it's a petty thing to do. But I don't have any real problem with them doing what they want with a service they provide. Nobody needs to use the App Store if they don't want to. If you don't agree with Apple's control over it, don't agree to use it.

G

As is Freedom of Speech has anything to do with this. It's Apple, not the Federal Government. They don't want to host an app that pimps a competitor's product. and I don't blame them.

There are tons of legitimate gripes people have with Apple but this is a non-story.

G

lol at people calling it fascism... can we get any more dramatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.